Paul's Shameless Begging Post

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    If you have been thinking about supporting the BOC with a voluntary donation, make the plunge, and help to keep us on top and expanding.

The truth is, there are lots of people and organizations which are scratching their heads, wondering how in the %^% we are doing it? They spend the large majority of their time scanning the BOC, trying to pick up lessons learned and applying it to their own objectives.

Thats exactly where we want them, scanning the BOC, learning what has just happened, not what is about to happen.

To keep this sled in front, cutting new trails through the Alaskan Forest cost money, and as most know, we operate on a limited budget.

Our Staff is great, and work on a strictly voluntary basis. Thousands upon thousands of man hours are donated annually to our community. Most communities even if they had the money to invest in a team, would not come close to ours. These guys work magic day in and day out, and have response times above most fortune 500 outsourced support teams. If you could read some of the problems they solve, and the way they are treated at times, you would wonder why they do it? They do it because they love the sport and what the BOC represents.

Think about it, and if you can support it with your current lifestyle, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Paul

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6974

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    As per previous PM..check in the mail tomorrow Paul. Will do more as I can. BOC is worth every penny I can spare.

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    The BOC is so much more than a normal message board . the Friends you make will last a life time . We members need to support as much as we are able to keep this great brotherhood going and growing

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I agree, please support if you can.:)

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I have met alot of good people thru the B.O.C. that I would not have met other-wise, so to me the "B.O.C. is worth it".:)

Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

6. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    As the commercial says:
    "It's not just a job, it's an adventure."

7. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    As I have stated in the past..."the BOC is more like my family than my family"

THE BOC ROCKS !!!​

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Everyone lets help keep the lights on.

9. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Matching the cost of a carton of smokes,a magazine subscription,a meal out on the town,or one tankful of gasoline,is a small donation to give for the pleasure of meeting others with the same interests.Come on guys and girls,send in this amount that you would spend on yourself,to keep the greatest catfishing family on the internet.
    Those things are spent for temporary satisfaction,yet here they are available every day to the members.If you can afford it please do.What is it worth to you to be able to have a site with so much information and friendly associations available on one site?Look at the members list and you will see that without your support these are people that you would never be able to meet and share information with.
    Give if you can to keep the BOC healthy and alive.

BILL

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would like to encourage all members who use this site to donate, if you can afford the internet you can afford at least 10 bucks..Thanks.

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Agree Flathunter, money is tight for everyone, but we all love this place.

12. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Hey Paul what happened to my star??:crying:

13. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Your donation must have been rejected. :p LOL!!!!

I agree with all, it's more than a web page, it's where friendships are built.

Ray

14. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Check went out with the mailman this afternoon.:) Paul ya really need to stop groveling like this..LOL.....how about giving us similiar to what ya use to see in the miltary when they were collecting for United Way etc...a barometer of where we are at and our goal to reach. We will take it from there and you can stay off your knees. LOL:p

15. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Paul,

Mailed mine today. Can't wait to see my Star shinning! Keep up the good work.

16. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    What I've learned and those I have spoke to and want to meet or will meet is worth every penny I have sent in. I hope to give more soon.
    No other place ya can go to learn so much and meet folks that call ya family (and mean it)...
    Thank You my Brothers for making me a better fisherman !

17. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    I agree with Todd, the BOC is family and a great place to spend time; and hopefully just a little money to help Paul to pay the bills. A $10 dollar donation is only 2.8 cents per day. Now where else can one go to received the benefits of the BOC for less than 3 cents per day?

One thing I wish I could agree with Todd on being a better fisherman. I'm not sure anything can help me. :cry-big: :) :)

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Personally I dont understand why someone who is a regular part of BOC doesn't donate at the very lease $10. We be talking a star for a whole year and better contest etc. Friends, the fun , pic's whats up with holding back a $10. What you see is what you get. Easy stuff.
    If you like it, support it .

Only reason I push for it is I want BOC to always be here even if I'm not. Its a cool site.

19. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    I think i did it rite lol...i dont use pay pal offten so i hope ya got it lol

20. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ok guys im getting really upset! i have tried to donate three times now in the past couple days and it wont go through! it keeps coming up as "payment session has expired, please re-enter information" whats the deal? somebody p.m. me