Patriots vs colts

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Phil Washburn, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ok...here it is...the game ryan will consider a cornerstone game for the colts season.

however, should the pats lose, it will be but one more adjustment on the way to their next super bowl:lol:

home field is irrevelant....pats win this one handily...the score will be close, perhaps, but the game will be controlled by the pats:smile2:

2. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    The Pats will get torched like every other team that has come up against the Colts thus far in the season.:cool2: The Patriots are getting all this hype but don't any of you remember? They lost to the Broncos.:tounge_out: After this weekend the Colts will be 8-0 and in control of the AFC, then they can lose a game, so make all the excuses for a Pats loss you want Phil, you know the Colts are going to come out with the W!!:wink:

3. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Does everyone agree with me or what?:lol: I know all of you are just sitting back and not saying anything just hoping that they lose so you can razz me.LOL!! No defense in the NFL can hold down the Colts offense plain and simple. Peyton is playing better than he has ever played with 18 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions, and the offense is scoring at will. The Patroits only chance is if the Colts fumble on punt returns and get the ball back in good field position, or if Addai fumbles, he has been doing well lately so we'll see how he does. I can't wait till game day!! Let's do it Colts!!!

TORCH EM PEYTON!!:choler:

4. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Should be a good game, but I think the Patriots win even though I am pulling for the Colts. They won't be able to stop the running game of the Patriots, which will set them up for play action. You could count on Jake Plummer to self destruct, but the same can't be said of Brady. The only way the Colts win is to create some turnovers, or play a completely different game defensively than last game. Right now, it looks like both offenses are going to score, so it will come down to some key defensive plays.

Now if it comes down to the kicking game (which it might) consider the Colts 8-0. Wouldn't that be something for Vinateri to kick the game winner in New England? Yeah, that would be nice to see...:smile2:

5. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Colts 24 Patriots 17

The Colts remain the team to be.

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    you cant predict a game like this.these are two of the best teams in the league and it's at NE .just a matter of who has the best game on that given day.now matter who wins they will probaly meet again in the playoffs and that will be the game that matters.dont get me wrong i want the colts to win so we have the upperhand on the home field advantage which will mean everything come playoffs.if the colts defense can keep brady off the field i think we will win.but i got a feeling we are going to see a big dose of dillion and maroney.NE is going to try and play keepaway and run the ball and throw those little passes over the middle to expose are safeties.no word on sanders yet.i know he didnt practice monday havnt heard anything lately.

7. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i'm going to say Manning will get his 2nd win in fox boro colts will be 8-0

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Everybody on ESPN is picking the Patriots.:0a14: We'll have to wait and see how this one pans out. You can only keep Peyton on the sidelines so long and then you put the ball in his hands and he burns teams. What are the Patriots going to run every play? I would like to see that. I don't know if Bob Sanders is playing or not? He hasn't played since week 2 and since then the run defense has dropped to last in the NFL.:crazy: If he plays he will make a huge impact on the game. He is fast as lightning from the backfield when other teams run, just ask the Steelers. I'm looking forward to this game! It should be a good one.:big_smile:

9. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I think the pats will run the ball and run the ball,the colts are 29in the league against the run so they will try and keep peyton manning on the sidelines. I see the score 20-17 pats because peyton will make a mistake late and that will seal the win

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    part of the reason for that run defense rating is that manning scores points. when a team is playing catch-up, running ball doesn't happen much.

however, the pats can throw the ball too....i suspect it's gonna be a long day for the colts defense:cool2:

11. roofermike

roofermike New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Let's be honest here folks, yes the Colts are 8-0 but they have had so many close games and against opponents that really weren't that good. I mean give me a break Arizona almost beat them. The Pat's are going to dominate.

12. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Definately the game i am looking forward to the most this week.

Wheelmobile07

13. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    another of those few occassions i agree with Mike on:wink:

can't rep ya, mike - have to spread the love:big_smile:

14. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I think the Pats will win with good odds. It's funny with the way the teams match up. Manning plays the Broncos better than Brady. Broncos play Brady better than Manning. Brady plays the Colts better than the Broncos. Over all, I think the Colts can beat more of the other teams in the NFL than the Patriots, but I also believe the Patriots will beat the Colts. Look at every playoff game the 2 QB's have played head to head. Manning is more accurate but Brady is much better under pressure and out of the pocket. Pats will win, but I'm rooting for the Colts.

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Colts 24 Pats 21. Least wise I hope it goes that way. Never have cared much for NE.

16. roofermike

roofermike New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Let's get real here folks, the Broncos only beat the patriots because Brady was reeling from the loss of his goto reciever, and had little confidence in his new recievers, anyone who watched the game could tell that he wasn't playing anywhere near his potential. That being said the Patriots aren't going to win against the Colts simply because Brady is an excellent quaterback, they are going to win because they will show up as a team and play as a team, that is the secret to their success.

17. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    a W (win) is a Win. Enough said?

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm just gonna ice down a few beers and enjoy the game! Should be a good one!

19. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I agree with the whole team versus QB thing, that's why I said "the way the teams match up." I wasn't referring only to the last game when the Broncos beat the Patriots. Take a look at the last 5 years and the way the teams match up. Pats have always had difficulty w/the Broncos.

20. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ditto - I'm thinking the Colts are in the SB this year.