Patriots vs Chargers

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Phil Washburn, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well here it is - the game i feared would happen. i am a fan of both, but i would like to see the pats get one more to cement their legacy. even Ryan couldn't say anything if brady won this one:lol:

i think the chargers will win. they are big and physical. their running game will be hard to stop, even with the pats great scoring defense. the pats have allowed the fewest points in franchise history this year.

gonna be a good game. if the pats pull it out i expect them to roll to another superbowl win.......GO PATS!!!

2. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

The game of the year...This one comes down to how well Rivers handles the pressure. Based on how the Patriots played today they could go anywhere and win one game. On the other hand, the Chargers will be fresh, and they are playing at home...Too tough to call based on the Patriots playoff experience. San Diego should win, but out of all the teams left the Patriots are best suited to pull off the upset...

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    One thing New England has in their favor is playoff experience! That and of course Tom Brady! That guy is one good QB! Phillip Rivers is the key figure! Will he be able to handle playoff pressure? Should be a great game and I look forward to cracking a few cold ones on the couch and enjoying the game!

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I can't wait to see the AFC matchups this weekend! I hope the Patriots win and the Colts win so the Colts can play the Patriots for the AFC Championship in Indy! That would be cool! I've been watching L.T. and the Chargers play a lot this year and they have the most complete team in the NFL. They have a great defense and L.T., well he is amazing! I don't know if Brady has enough weapons to hang in this game or not, I knew they were going to kill the Jets, I mean come on now, the New York Jets?? They have sucked for a long time now.:roll_eyes: Whoever comes out of the AFC will win it all. The NFC is horrible. The Bears with Grossman and his 1.3 and 0.0 passer rating.:roll_eyes: Are you kidding me? Good luck to your Pats this weekend Phil, they'll need it. :wink:

5. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    this is going to be a fantastic game. i've been a pats fan since they beat the rams in the superbowl. i just love the way they play ball. that being said, it's real hard to cheer against the chargers this year. back in week 2 i picked the chargers and the saints to meet in the superbowl so i cant really be for the pats. i dont know who to go with. my wife has been asking who i am gonna be for and i told her i was gonna be neutral but i know that cant happen so i think i'll cheer for the pats but if the bolts win i wont be upset. all four games this weekend are gonna be good. bears fans, dont be surprised by a seahawk win.

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have always been a closet Chargers fan since the days of Dan Fouts ,Kellon Winslow, Charlie Joiner etc simply because they played exciting wide open football.I dont think LT will be a factor but I do believe the charger pass rush will be.The Pats were worried about protecting Brady to the point of going with the no huddle against the Jets.The Chargers are much better.Don't sell Rivers short as a QB I saw many of his games at NC State.The "other" AFC game will be one of those dull 6-3 games without much offense.:eek:oooh: :smile2: :big_smile: NFC I'm not sure who is left but if the Saints are they will be the sentimental pick and good on em if they make it.:smile2:

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

aaahhh yes....."Fly Air Coryell, with your pilot Dan Fouts"

best passing game ever in the nfl.....Ryan would throw rocks at manning had he been around to see fouts pinpoint surgery:lol:

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I also loved em because they regularly whipped Elway and the Broncos.Strange that 3 of the best throwers of all times never won a superbowl Fouts ,Marino,Jurgenson and Tarkenton never won either I believe.In any case those Charger teams were loaded but didn't play great D.because they usually won 48-46,52-50 or something like that.:big_smile: :lol:

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I know what you mean, im a Patriots fan but for some reason Id also like to see the Chargers do something. Ah forget it, GO Patriots.

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    A lot of those patroits that was in the past playoffs with them is not there so they have quite a few new additions and I do not think that will be much of a factor. Tom Brady has experience but I always though of him being overated. Can not take anything away from their coach. Rivers was in the running for MVP this year so he will be on top of his game. LT was unstoppable the whole year. Shawn Marion has terrified offense of lines this year. The Chargers will smash the chowderheads this coming weekend if they play like they can play. If they lose a close game this weekend it will likely be to the conservative coaching of Marty Ball like it has been his whole career. More than likely though, they should and will win this game.

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    the pats are rock solid! look for them to solidify their legacy......vic and i saw this game as a milestone in the superbowl hunt..........the team that wins 2 in a row from here is the champ....go pats, and sorry about your colts Ryan:lol:

12. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

What is it with the New England Patriots? It seems like they are setup to play football well enough to beat you in the last two minutes of every big game. I don't think there is any team in NFL history that can pull out close playoff games at the rate of the Patriots. It isn't just Tom Brady, although he is a big part of it, but the whole team. I saw a team today that played with the poise of a champion. Come on, Brady throws three interceptions, didn't have a run game to speak of, and the TEAM still ended up with 24 points...They were on the road playing against the best regular season team in the NFL, and on that note...

The Chargers will be losing sleep over this one for a long time. Why didn't they get the ball to Ladanian more? The Patriots had no answer for him...

Why burn a timeout on a replay call when the ball was clearly a fumble?

They missed a sure interception at the beginning of the game, AND you have to know the situation on the last interception and simply fall to the ground, and seal the victory...

What was up with that dumb personal foul call that gave New England three points?

Where was "Lights Out" Merriman?

Bottom line, the Patriots played with enough poise to win by three points (again), and the Chargers played with no poise whatsoever and still had a chance to win, or at least force overtime...

Forget the Tom Brady hype, the Patriot TEAM is one heck of a football team from top to bottom...

Now comes what will be the most hyped game of the season...

Patriots versus the Colts.

13. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    All I can say is, "What a game." Another team goes down on a fg try.

14. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Unbelievable. It figures they had to find a way to lose after being up 8 points and giving up 11 in the last 3 minutes. I hate to sound like a broken record on this but Marty does it again. Now I have to root for the colts, No way I want to see the patriots in the superbowl again.

15. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I can't wait to a rematch, YOU WILL SEE A LIGHTS OUT DANCE FROM SHAWNE MERRIMAN. Patriots will regret there little shindig at the end of the game.Just wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Demetrius, altho i am a little disappointed in the pats celebration, as i am sure belichick was, it wasn't uncalled for.

that roided up merriman dances at everything he does. he even had to dance after he hit brady - didn't sack him, mind you, but merely hit him. that kind of "in your face" garbage came back to haunt him and the chargers. it infuriated the pats, and they took it out on the chargers by outplaying them.

the lack of maturity by the chargers showed up. the headbutting penalty late was just stupid. this game clearly illustrated that the pats are a better team and why. the whole team, and especially bradys, composure won the game. the chargers got rattled and it cost them.

wonder why LT never speaks out at the way his roided up team-mate disses other teams with his moronic celebratory dance?

17. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    10.00 says the patriots will win... :) all i can say was WOW watta game... was a lot of pressure on that kicker too...

18. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Live by the Dance, DIE by the Dance.Personally I thought the PATS were somewhat subdued!!!!!Had the chargers won they would still be out there dancing.The Chargers played well enough to win but as usual Marty managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.I know he didnt make the mistakes other than the totally dumba-- decision to challenge and waste a timeout but that was Rivers idea.The play by the PAT receiver to strip the ball out after the interception was totally brilliant and ranks with Rothlasbergers tackle to save the game for the Steelers last year.The PAT will never get full credit because everyone points to the "fumble" that lost the game.Being heads up enough to strip it out and then being able to recover it as a team tells you why the PATS win.GOOD teams MAKE their own luck,just like they did there.They will have to play better than that in Indy because Indy isn't intimidated by them anymore and Peyton may break out of his slump next week.We shall see.:smile2: