Patriots thread

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Phil Washburn, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well....this will be a boring thread. me and Robert Kraft are sitting here waiting for the NFL to deliver the superbowl trophy:smile2:

poor, poor Ryan.....it's gonna be a sucky year to be a colts fan:smile2:

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Phil, I'll keep y'all company while we wait. Just might be a superbowl preview coming up in Dallas.

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Phil,thanks for starting this thread.I was NOT aware that the NFL was going to imitate the NHL and start sending the SUPER BOWL TROPHY around to all its cities so each team could have it for a day.I think that is very thoughful of the commisioner to do that so the Patriots will get to have one day with it.Perhaps the Patriots can use that day for a team meeting to provide inspiration and motivation for perhaps winning it one day.I am sure the Colts will be happy to let the Patriots see theirs when they go to Indy.Will the NFL send it out in the order that the teams finish?The reason I ask is given the Patriots recent "crimminal" activities I would be worried that maybe they would pawn it in order to get enough money to pay Randy Moss!!!!!That would mean some other teams wouldnt get their day.:smile2::big_smile::wink::cool2:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Yep Phil,my $$$ is on the Pats this year. They have a few tough games ahead,esp. Dallas and Indy and maybe Green Bay. I'd like to see them go undefeated but I don't think that'll ever happen again. Also,Denver usually has their number. Denver shoulb be 0-4 this year though. Thanks to Elam were only 2-2. :embarassed:
    BTW,,,GO BRONCOS!!! :smile2:

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    It's about time you started a thread Phil.:smile2: November 4th my friend. That's when you'll get to see what the Patriots are made of. You can't say the Chargers game was a good indicator, the Chiefs and the Packers beat them.LOL Peyton will torch that defense just like he did the Broncos defense last week. Moss is having a heck of a year so far, but we'll see how he does against Bob Sanders in his grill.:wink: November fourth will tell it all! Go Colts!!:crazy:

6. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Ryan, The Pats have won their games by an average of 25pts each. Cincinnati had averaged @ 500 yds/gm but couldn't gain 300 against the Pats. I agree that Indy's defense is much improved but not nearly to the degree by which NE's offense is. A man ought to stand by his team and for that you earn props, but Nov.4 will be an L for your Colts. I believe that Marvin Harrison is out of commission and Rodney Harrison returns this week. Two more reasons to like the Pats in that game.

7. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Alright Phil, I'm going to go with a qoute that actually came from you. The Patriots are "beating up on the little sisters of the poor".LOL! If you look at the Colts wins, three of them were against teams with a winning record. The Patriots have not played a team with a winning record yet this season. Hell, every team in our division has a winning record, how about yours? The only horrible team the Colts have played has been the Saints, while the Pats are beating up on the Bills, Jets, and Browns, the Colts are playing quality teams like the Titans(3-1), Tampa Bay (3-2), and the Texans (3-2). I can see why all of the analysts are saying the Patriots should go undefeated, their division schedule is against a bunch of 1-4 teams.lol I can see why you didn't want to come on here bragging about the Pats big win over the pitiful Browns. The Patriots are going to catch a beating when they come to the Dome November 4th! We'll see how they play against a team with a winning record for once this season.:wink:

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

crackhead:wink::smile2:
    let's see how the teams the pats beat shake out at the end of the year my friend:big_smile:

you know the chargers will still probable contend for their division. and the the reason the colts opponents have better records than the pats opponents is that they have played the worst teams in the league:smile2:

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Hmmm.... lets see Little sisters of the poor or not, The pats are doing exactly what they are supposed to against lesser teams....that is Blow them out. both the Colts and the Pats are elete teams right now. But only the Pats have blown out every opponent they have faced this year, the Colts have actually let a few teams hang around. See for yourself

Week 1
    Pats 38 Jets 14 Blowout

Colts 41 Saints 10 Blowout

Week 2
    Pats 38 Chargers 14 Blowout

Colts 22 Titans 20 too close!

Week 3
    Pats 38 Bills 7 Blow out

Colts 30 Texans 24 Again less then a TD

Week 4
    Pats 34 Bengals 13 Blowout

Colts 38 Bronco's 20 Blowout

Week 5
    Pats 34 Browns 17 Blowout

Colts 33 Tampa 14 Blowout

10. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    You guys need to wake up and listen to what I'm saying. The Pats have a cream puff schedule compared to the Colts. San Diego this year is a mediocre team at best, how can you use them as a barometer? Green Bay and the Chiefs beat them.LOL!!!:confused2: You definately can't say that the Pats division is tougher than the Colts. Let's take a looksy.

AFC South
    Colts 5-0
    Titans 3-1
    Jags 3-1
    Texans 3-2
    Combined without the Colts 9-4

AFC East
    Pats 5-0
    Bills 1-3
    Jets 1-4
    Dolphins 0-5
    Combined without the Pats 2-12.ROTFL!!!!!!

Who gets to beat up on the little sisters of the poor for half their season Brad?:0a19:

We'll see how it goes November 4th in our house, where the Colts have won 13 straight! Go Colts!!!!!

11. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Ryan, Tom Brady had his worst day of the season with 3 TDs, no Ints and a quaterback rating of 105. The D came up with 3 Ints and a fumble recovery for a TD. The Pats won by only 17 points yesterday. Trash talk while your team is 5-0 is acceptable but I believe that you will be the one absent from this thread after the Pats crush your Colts in their house.

12. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Who gets to beat up on the little sisters of the poor for half their season Brad?:0a19:

Ryan,
    What more do You want them to do? This isn't college ball where You get to make your own schedule. They play the teams the league schedules for them.

I never said that The pats schedule was harder then the colts, I said the pats had done exactly what they are supposed to do against a lesser team ....BLOW THEM OUT!!!!

The colts are also a very good team, If You recall I gave them some love in week one!

If they come into Your house and whoop that @$$ or even win, You HAVE to give them a TON of CRED!

You guys had best figure out a way to slow down Moss or He will eat your secondary alive, not sure if indy has the horses to run with Randy. Guess We'll all see, it should be a very good game.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think the Pats are un stoppable this year. I enjoy watching them. The only team I see giving them trouble might, and that's a big maybe, be the Colts. green Bay might to I believe this Sunday will be the Cowboys first lost.
    I'm still a cowboy fan but back when Jerry Jones big head did what he did in the 90's Thats bout the time my Son became a huge Pats fan, me too. Cowboys could have been the team the Pats are today if it wasn't for Jerry. I dont care for that man.
    Anyway, I waiting on a call to see if my Son got those tickets for the Cowboy - Pat game this weekend. A customer and Boss of his gives him 50 yard line tickets every year to one game. This be the one . He is suppose to get tickets today. I hope they come through.
    if I go, I'll be wearing a Cowboy hat and a Brady shirt. LOL. I might make a sign saying, cowboys, Pats next SB, Pats win.
    My Son is going to try and talk to Brady but I dont think he's be able too. LOL.

14. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    give it up dude. the pats will demolish the colts this year. hell, if they had had a receiving core in the playoffs last year manning and co. would have been watching them in the superbowl again. just be happy the patriots gave em one. it was the first and last. GO PATS!!!

15. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    LOL! Gave us one? Just remember who the defending Super Bowl Champs are.LOL!!! Don't you guys remember what happened last two times the Pats came to our house? Well let me tell you, November 5th last regular season, Brady threw four interceptions and the Colts defense was horrible at that time.LOL!!! Marvin had eight receptions for 145yards and two touchdowns. Peyton torched the Pats defense as usual for 340 yards. And of course last year in the AFC Championship in the Dome. The Pats were up 21-6 at half, and then they went down the crapper in the second half with the Colts putting up 32 points in the second half.LOL!! The rest was History as the Colts toched even the Mighty Bears defense to win SUPER BOWL 41!!! Oh yah Peyton threw for 349 yards on the Pats in that game.HAHA!! I can't wait till the Pats come here and we spank them like a red headed step child!:happy: After that happens you guys can :worship: the Colts. Hey Phil you're gaining some more band wagon fans it looks like.LOL One's from Kentucky and one's from North Carolina. How are your guys' teams doin?ROTFL!!!

16. Texas_Select

Texas_Select New Member

State:
    TX
    Nov. 4th will be a great game I agree but Oct. 14th at Texas Stadium is when the Pats will get handed their first loss of the season!!! Here's my prediction:

Cowboys win 27-24 !!!!!

17. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Phil, those Pats are on fire but it sure will be nice to see those Cowboys whoopem... Looking forward to that Colts vs. Cowboys SuperBowl. LilRyJoe that was a great post man....

18. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Phil on a completely different note;I know it was a hard lick for OK to lose and seemingly see the Nat Champ dream fade away,but how about So Cal taking it on the chin.??????:smile2::big_smile:It aint over til its over baby so the key is to win out from here.Good luck.Pats look good so far,so do the Cowboys, Colts and a few others.Remember the only thing you play for in the regular season is the right to go to the playoffs and have home field advantage.Baseball plays 162 games to determine who has the right to participate in the 19 games(if necessary) that matter.Best not to get to excited right now.:smile2::wink:

19. mciver

mciver New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The patriots are going to win

20. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Shane, you MUST stop eating lunch with liljoe...he is spiking your tea too:smile2: