Patriots record good for NFL

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Little Luey, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I was just thinking, this past offseason we saw a ton of players getting in trouble with the law; some others were suspended for games for steroids or drug infractions; Vick trouble's; Ricky Williams coming back and out the same day;then the spy gate deal; Petrino quitting on the Falcons. The only thing we did not have a lot of was TO or any other millioner being a cry baby but I did not miss that.

I believe the 16-0 record helps the NFL keeping us, the public, interested in their product. I am sure with all the disappointing thing we saw this season it was good to see the Patriots go undefeted and break all of those records they now own.

I know it is early to say but which head coach do you guys think is about to be fired? Cam Cameron is certanly in danger.
    Are you happy with your team's season? I am not, but at least the Bears finished the season with 2 wins.
    Who will be in trouble again with the law? I say the same guys who messed up last off season would be a good pick here. Henry from the Bengals seems to have stayed out of the public eye very good and may stay out of trouble.

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    "I believe the 16-0 record helps the NFL keeping us, the public, interested in their product. I am sure with all the disappointing thing we saw this season it was good to see the Patriots go undefeted and break all of those records they now own."

there has been a few players that has cause bad reps for themselves , their teams and the
    NFL. Maybe that's why they can't stand with the best teams.
    I wish the media wouldn't report on the trouble makers like they are trying to down the
    whole NFL.

Teams like The Patriots, Colts and others dont break records, win Superbowls etc. by spending their time in trouble or making trouble. They spend their time working hard and doing the right things it takes to build a wining team and supporting the NFL organization and the Fans. yea I agree it is a good thing when the best teams and players show that the NFL isnt about screwing up in offseason. I think the Pats did a good job for all NFL fans. I for one enjoy watching good NFL over the trouble makers

That is one reason why I like the Pats. I dont care what anyone says. They act like a team.
    They give credit to their whole team and spread the money around. Brady isn't greedy and the owner has enough sense to know, you cant buy a couple star players and expect to win a superbowl. Takes a team. They know it takes all the players to be successful. Cant break records, cant be a star without the dedication of the whole team.
    That is one reason why I dont like owner of the Cowboys, Jerry Jones.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I thought it was great for the Pats to go 16-0 in the regular season. I'd say this will generate a lot more interest for the NFL during the playoff time & Big Dance and overall be good for the league.

As far as being happy with our teams years,,,,,Well I'm happy they(Broncos) beat the Vikes yesterday. Without Elam's foot they'd have lost at least 3 more games. 7-9 isn't a good record for them at all. I'd say Shanahan is safe...Any given team would love to have him as their coach. Maybe we can get some D-Line and O-Line players during the off-season and be more productive. Cutler I think has a great future but not so sure in Denver. He's got some BIG shoes to fill!!!

I agree, Cameron 's job is on the line. I'm sure there are others but I can't think right off hand.

One question though: Will McNabb return as an Eagle? Will some team offer him an offer he can't refuse??? I don't think he's all that great but that will be some news for sure.

4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I know I like to see him wearing a Bears uniform, he is not a great QB but he is definatly better than any QB we have in Chicago right now. If anything Orton proved the Bears can win with a QB putting modest numbers, no need to have a 300 yard QB in Chicago, just take care of the ball; but they do need a better RB. I hope they can resign Briggs but I know cheap Chicago Bears will not overspend and will not give him more money than Urlacher makes, he can forget that.
    Another guy that could/will make a difference whereever he goes is the backup running back of the Chargers (forgot his name) he is a free agent this off season.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    He'd make a good QB for the Bears. Better than Orton or Gross-Man...:wink:
    McNabb would be a good fit in that offense.

I can't remember the name of the RB you're talking about but he's gonna be worth some $$$.

Also, I believe they said Todd Collins(I may be wrong) will be a free agent next year. He may be a little old but can sure still play good ball. It wouldn't surprise me the way they are playing to see the Skins go to the SB. I think GB would be their biggest threat. No matter who in the NFC goes, I think N.E. will take care of them. I sense a Perfect 19-0 record coming upon us. I may be wrong but its what I think.

6. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I think you are right about that. I like to see Green Bay in the SB just so Farve finally retires.

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    McNabb is going nowhere! He will be back as the Eagles starter next year. Just like the Bears, the eagles finished the year on a good note.

I think under Kyle Orton, the Bear's put up alot of points in the games he played.

Rex Grossman will be back. He has proved to be a winner with his winning percentage as the Bear's QB.

I think Drew Brees and Carson Palmer had pretty bad years, but do people want thier heads on platter like Rex?

You Bears fans are too hard on Rex.

8. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    LOL, my biggest problem with Rex is that you just never know which Rex will show up, the one who can score a ton of points and do everything right or the one who fumbles the ball and trows INTs all day long. If he could be more consistent or ballance out his performances, like I said before, he does not need to trow for 300 yards/game, just take care of the ball, don't fumble and they should be ok. If in his bad days he trew for 150yards as opposed to 15, I would not complaint. I like Orton but I realize if he was better than Grossman he would be the starter.

9. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I disagree with Mcnabb not still being a viable option at QB.

I'd imagine that he'll remain an Eagle...but if not...cmon' over to KC. I think he'd be a great fit there.

Also would give Peterson the confidence to address OL and CB in the draft and/or free agency.

That MUST be done. That OL has to be re-vamped...and Surtain nor Law either one are effective at corner anymore.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Maybe you forgot about the little cheating thingy... Mr. Bilicheat fined 500,000 thats half a million, the team 350,000 ouch and a first round draft pick, I guess thats spreading it around. You guys take it so lightly or just dont talk about it. I TAKE IT SERIOUSLY, A DEDICATED COIWBOYS FAN.:wink:

11. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i am so sick of all this bs about the patriots cheating. let it go already. if you think the pats are the only team that has ever done this kind of thing you are not only delusional but stupid as well. oh yeah, who are the " COIWBOYS" anyway? if you were referring to the cowboys i find it unbelievable you would disapprove of anybody cheating. the cowboys organization in the 90's was one of the most corrupt to ever take the field. i guarantee that those pukes jimmy johnson and jerry jones cheated every chance they got. they had a team full of dopeheads, showboats and convicts. hell, irvin, not only was a crackhead but the dirtiest receiver who ever played! let it go man, let it go...

12. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    teams and players have been doing it for ever man. Take every advantage they can, bend every rules as far as they can, look for ways to have an edge over the competition. Just look around at the word of sports, all the drug/steroids alegations and Nascar violations and others. Does it make it ok since everyone is doing it? NO. But you are talking about the difference between placing 1st or 2nd to be 7th or 10th. Guess who gets in to the big money! That is a big incentive, and they end up at the Hall of Fame or breaking records they say they leave a legacy.
    I am not saying I approve of cheating or I justify what happened, all I am saying is that many other teams/players do the same, they just have not been caught.

On the other hand, when it is ones team that is doing the cheating one tends to justify it simply because of our love for the team. I work with a Chargers fan, when Shawn Merriman was suspended I gave him crap about being a "juice boy", his defence was that he did not know what he was taking and for this guy this player from his favorite team did not do anything wrong, but he would give me crap about Tank Johnson getting in trouble, and now TJ is with the Cowboys, if your team was not looking for that edge they would not have hire him. For the Patriots fans their team did not do anything wrong either, that is just human nature to defend our favorite teams.