Patoka

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by neilp, May 29, 2008.

1. neilp

neilp New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Is anybody fishing Patoka. I was up there last Wednesday and caught 21 crappie 16 ft deep in 20-25 ft of water. Fished hard all day. Hope to get back next weekend and spend the night for cats. Has anyone caught blues in Patoka? Keep yer line wet

2. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Neilp, Welcome to the BOC

BIGCAT GarryEads

3. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My uncle always fishes at Patoka, he fishes for cats when he's not fishing for stripers and crappie, and I don't think he has caught anything other than channels. Patoka isn't overly deep, at least not the kind of deep I would associate with blues. Have you ever had much luck fishing for blues in Patoka? I'm sure there's probably some nice flatties in there, which is something I might try to target next time I am down that way.

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    welcome to the b.o.c. neilp. cant help ya on this one sorry.

5. fields73

fields73 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Can someone help a poor white guy with no boat?

Were is the best places to bank fish for cats at potaka went up sat night not a bite all night between 5 of us
    any info will help were at depth bait etc
    also new the boc great site

6. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Welcome aboard Chris. My best luck on Patoka has been near the causeway where SR145 crosses. I usually fish north of the bridge. The bottom slopes there to about 20' and the flatties and channels will come in at night to feed. To see a current lake level chart, look here: http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/reports/lkreport.html

Patoka is 7.2ft above normal right now.