Patoka Lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Ohio_River_Rat, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    A bunch of friends of mine will most likely be spending spring break on a cabin on patoka lake fishing. I know that its not a big catfishing lake but has anyone fished this lake before and has any tips?

Thanks alot
    zac

2. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I can't say I have fished Patoka Lake for catfish, but I have spent several hours on the lake fishing for crappie and bass. There should be some nice cats in there if you can find them. If you have a depth finder I would use it. There is all kinds of drop offs in there, and alot of dead timber and brush piles for them good ol' biggin's to hide.

Good luck !!

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I know some guys that have fished Patoka for cats. They wanted us to include Patoka in our tournaments. But tht lake is way too big for a lot of the boats. But they said they caught some bigs one out of there. Can't tell you were or what bait.

4. casey

casey New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    I have done some catfishing at Patoka when the gills were slow. I fished from the bank. The place I fished was along highway 145. you can pull close to the water there and there are some decent cats in that area.