Patoka Lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ColtsFan317, Jul 10, 2009.

1. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    I usually go camping at patoka every weekend. I tear the bass up but ive been hearing good things about the catfishing anyone ever had any luck at patoka?

2. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Went last night until about 2am and caught a big mess of crappie using a crappie light in 30 feet of water on deep structure fishing 14 foot down with slip bobbers and minnows.

3. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I caught 2 channels there last spring about 5-6#. I would'nt mind going back there again!:wink:

4. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    South of paoli there is a lake called Spring Valley SRA the locals call it Tucker.My sons school got closed in April for the Swine flu an we went down there because I have 100 acres right by it I deer hunt.Anyway we go 6 nice channels the first night and 8 the second.The lake is electric only is a few hundred acres and clear.All the fish we caught looked like fresh stocked fish bright silver.

5. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    I grew up camping at Patoka. My grandparents had a lot in wildridge. man there are so many catfish in that lake its ridiculous! If you have a map showing any of the old roads or creek channels on the bottom of the lake those are great spots. Ive been fishing around kINGS BRIDGE LATELY AND HAVE BEEN TEARING THEM UP. tHERES ALSO SOME ABSOLUTE MONSTER FLATHEADS IN THERE. Indiana Fish and Game said Patoka is one of the best catfish lakes in the state and i'd have to agree.

6. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There is about a 50' stretch of old road that dips into the water at both ends in a cove near one of the bridges on 145. I can't remember which bridge it is, but we got to it from a nice little pull-off at a rocky point and walking along the bank for about 60-80 yards north through the woods. I caught about a 4+ and a couple of 2#channels there. It was some good eating. The biggest one made for a very good meal for both my brother and me.

7. mossyoakhunter28

mossyoakhunter28 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Guess the secret is getting out. There was a catfishing tourney on Patoka this year and the winning weight was 44 pounds on six fish. So the big ones are here, and i have been told that the best place to catch the big ones is just off the buoy field off of highway 145. Hope this helps you guys out.