Patmansc and Pop Pop hit Santee Wed.

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Jun 5, 2008.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Pat and I tried to assault Lake Marion Wed. We've never been there but said " let's give it a try". I think the weather assaulted us with a 102 deg. index.:eek:oooh: :crazy:
    But, as always, we had a great time.:big_smile: We started off chasing the shallow water bite. When that didn't happen, we went after humps and holes. We ended with 12 nice cats from 8 to 15 lbs., and we lost a couple of good fish.

We learned alot and had a great day!:big_smile: We anchored and gave each spot it's time as we hoped that would produce a trophy. All fish caught on heron and perch.

PS Pat did get a PB gar and turtle!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Just getting to go is great. Glad you two have fun.

3. Threadkilla

Threadkilla New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Did the heron make a loud squawk when threw your cast net over him?

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Todd that is a good 1 I was wondering the samething. Man I have heard of BIG BAITS but that takes the cake.LOL:smile2: Glad yall got down to santee and got some good fish I cant wait till next week cause I am gong back cause I have had enough of the Pee Dee for now.

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Sorry guys. Spelling has never been my strongpoint. Change that to herring. But don't think I wouldn't try a heron, if I thought it would catch some big ones!
    :smile2:

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    James
    Think Im gonna have to head that way my self next week sometime......maybe head out wed. and stay through Sunday. Gonna try to get a place at Blacks instead of Canal Lakes this trip. Just got back from the N/C mountains for a week and ready to see a rod double over. Have a real nice mountain home for sale in West Jefferson N/C if any of you brothers are interested. Left the top of the mountain heading back home at 630 am thursday morn........temp was a nice 58 deg.........got back in to Savannah Ga around 130 pm and it was a blistering 101 deg !!!!