Patience is its own reward...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by AwShucks, May 3, 2006.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Finally, I got to Kay Dam when they were releasing water. Caught 3 blues of about 3 lbs each, and saw several others caught. There were enough gar there to almost pull the second coming of Christ and walk across the water without getting my feet wet...but I didn't have enough faith. I did manage to fill one of those, I believe, 40 gal leaf bags with trash. Feel good about that, may have saved some racoon or birds life. Sure wish it was legal to pop a cap in those people who liter though. No need for it other than laziness or plain inconsideration. Oh well, if any of you get there in the next day or two, it should be reasonably clean enough for you to fish. lol

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on your catches, and great job cleaning up the area. Wish more people did the same.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    nice catch and good to see other people trying to clean up other people's trash!I always take a garbage bag with me and pick up any trash that i see.

4. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Awesome that you cleaned up others pollution.

I always try to pick up others trash as best I can, when possible.

Congrats on the cats too.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    sounds like a good day out. Glad to have guys like you on the water looking out for the enviroment.

6. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    You are right about the gar down there. I've never seen so many and so big of gar anywhere that I fish. I think the catfishing below Kaw is good but would be so much better if those rascels were a little less abundant. They need a few good bowfisherman to thin the population out down there.

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I seldom hit my creel limit, but always come home with more trash than I would like. Be nice if that were not always the way it is. I will sign any petition that comes along allowing for a season on litterbugs. Wonder if they will have a creel limit. Sure will make the taxidermist cringe.

8. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I use to carry a short brom handle with a nail in the end to pick up trash and one day the game warden sugested that I might be tempted to be gigging fish so naw I leave it at home and just pick the trash by hand. SE YOU ON THE FISHBANK SOMETIME