PATCO fishing rods?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by foodsaver, Nov 30, 2007.

1. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Anybody out there use them? They seem really reasonably priced and have cork handles with eglass blanks. here is the info from the website. What do you guys think?
    One Piece EGlass Rod 7.5 foot long

12 Guides for long casting

Guides are Titanium Oxide Rings on Stainless Steel Frames

Yellow tip

Handle balanced for PATC50 reel

Strong Backbone and very sensitive

They are 35 each.

2. part time catman

part time catman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    sounds pretty reasonable....might be a good rod

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Sounds like too many guides for a 7'6" rod. You do know the more guides the stiffer the rod is going to be right. I do not know what kind of water you fish. If you want a rod, that has a good tip and a lot of backbone go check out catfish safari rods. I am sure there is a model just right for you.

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    where is the web site ?
    cant find it

5. burnema

burnema New Member

State:
    Texas
    My previous posts got deleted because I posted urls in them. If you have not found their site, PM me your email address and I will send you the link. Sorry. Wasn't trying to advertise a product just trying to answer a question.

6. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Those rods and reels pretty much rule catfishing in areas of Texas from what I've read on other sites. Tons of fishing guides use them, and the fishing tournaments down there give them away as prizes. Several of the tournament guys down there use them too. From pics I've seen while fighting fish on them, they have a nice even curve simliar to the Catfish Safaris. For $35 for the rod, I think that they look pretty good myself.

Several people have said that they got rid of their Abu's after using the Patco reels, as it's the same size, the clicker is actually loud and useful, and all of the gears in the reel are metal, no plastic anywhere. Supposedly, if a reel would crap out (and any brand can), they are great about exchanging the reel too.

As stated, none of this is firsthand experience on my part, just stuff that I've read elsewhere.

7. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn

Hey Mike!
    Glad to see that you found us......LOL
    Bill

8. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Lot's of folks swear by these down here, including the crappie guys since they have crappie gear as well. Give them a try, for the price, and even for more than the price, both the rods and the reels are an excellent choice.

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I have a couple of their reels that I like quite a bit (more so than my ABU 6000)...Never tried their rods though..

10. burnema

burnema New Member

State:
    Texas
    primitivefrn,

I got your PM, but I can not respond as I do not have 10 posts on this forum yet. If you PM me an email address I will gladly send you their info.

Hey Bill, hope all is well with you. Don't get on here too much, but I stop by every now and then. Keep in touch, fall will be here shortly... Can't wait. Oh, and I recognize that fish in your Avaitor!!! Was a fun day!

11. burnema

burnema New Member

State:
    Texas
  12. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Last time I checked the baitcasters were out of stock....

13. burnema

burnema New Member

State:
    Texas
    Doug got a shipment in. I bought 5 about 3 weeks ago.

14. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like people really like them, Good luck