Patagonia

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Koda, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Koda

Koda New Member

State:
    Tombstone,AZ
    Just an update on patagonia, went over last Friday to check on the lake level and the lake is full, went back over today with the pontoon to fish for a few hours and there was no bite at all, water temp is 55 degrees, found a submerged log on the way back to the launch ramp knocked a few rivits out of the transom so need to make repairs prior to going back over next week. Luck to all Koda

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I have never fished Patagonia. Another lake I will have to experience someday. Hummm water temp is 55 degrees. How deep is the lake. A few more days of this warm weather should help the cats get active. Sorry to hear about your transom. I watched a guy at Bartlett last weekend in a J-boat run his motor over some rocks..Ouch It sounded pretty bad. Needless to say it was almost dark and he just floated into a cove and was still there when I left. Wished I had my boat so i could have helped him out. Please keep us posted on your next outing.

3. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    No one I know wants to camp down there because they say you can never leave your campsite for fear of the "undocumented immigrants" stealing your stuff.

4. Koda

Koda New Member

State:
    Tombstone,AZ
    Afternoon Tym2fish, the lake runs about 70' +/- near the dam, I mostly fish the outside edges seems like they tend to come in shallow after dark, at least it has worked for me, topjimmy I know of several people that have been ripped off mainly because they left all of their gear in their boat uncovered and went to their campsite and the next morning most of their gear was gone but the rangers have been pretty well on top of it in the last few years and the campers tend to watch each others gear and I am sad to say that a lot of the theft that is blamed on the undocumented aliens is done by sob's that are documented so to speak, I have been lucky so far and really try to never leave to much gear in the open, plus we throw out a mattress zip together the sleeping bags and spend the night on the pontoon every once in a while
    Luck Koda

5. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I am going to try to go the weekend of the 17 of this month but also looking at rosevelt maybe give me some insite on which lake to go to

6. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I had the chance to fish patagonia on friday had no luck for flatheads but did catch on bass about 2 pounds

7. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ
    What type of Bait did you use for the Flathead fishing when you went this past week?:p