Patagonia

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by fishfun, Oct 6, 2009.

1. fishfun

fishfun New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Has anyone gone fishing in Patagonia, it is right outside of Nogales off the I 19. Anyway some friends of mine told me that they have caught some 65+ pound flatheads. I tried it out this weekend with my family from 7pm to 1130pm, we had a boat and drifted. We caught 3 cats, 2-5lb and one 12lb, this with a full moon and low barometric pressure. I have to say this could be a hot spot, if anyone know a lot about this lake let us know. Oh yeah my dad caught the 12lb one, the largest cat that I have seen. It was on 12lb mono with a little bait hook. I am not sure how the sunnie staid on, he woke up to his pole flying off the boat. Not sure how he caught it, but it was funny. If you have any tips on Patagonia of a funny fishing story let us know.:big_smile:

2. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    :big_smile:Sounds like fun!!

3. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    sounds good, any pics???

4. Newwguy

Newwguy New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :tounge_out:nice bro

5. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    sounds like you had fun ! :big_smile:

6. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    It sounds like a place to check out

7. Az Birddog

Az Birddog New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az.
    I heard stories of guys gettin 30+lbers out of there. Last time I went my buddy caught a 5 or 6 lb channel on corn on an ultra light while fishing for bluegill. that was funny as hell.:smile2: Might make it down there on Sunday but have to go during the day so I'll probably try for crappie. The problem down here in SoAZ is that there are literally 4 lakes to pick from and one just got dredged out (Pena Blanca). So they get way overfished IMO. I think most people go for Bass and Panfish though.

8. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    agreed...I've never heard of anyone targeting flats out of pategonia or any of the other southern lakes...although the state record channel comes from parker canyon lake if i recall correctly...32lbs, 39in, 1987...so maybe they're worth looking into...

9. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    some guys from tucson go frequently, mostly in sept/oct and have caught all the way up to high 40's and have seen a couple mid 50's... its a pretty productive lake for its size...

10. fishfun

fishfun New Member

State:
    Arizona
    yeah it seems like a fun place for people out in tucson to go. My family is in Tucson, so I will give it another try before the season is over and let you all know how it goes.

11. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    sounds tempting:cool2: