Patagonia Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by somozajc, Sep 9, 2008.

1. somozajc

somozajc New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and to fishing. I just started to fish about a month ago. I have three boys and I want them to start to enjoy the great outdoors. So i began to take them fishing. I clueless on what bait to use and where and what time of day is good to fish. I live in Rio Rico, south of Tucson. There a four lakes near where i live, Arivaca, Pena Blanca, Patagonia, and Parker Lake. I've been reading all the blogs but it seems no one fishes on the southern part of the state. I just need some good tips on catching some fish. I want my kids to get a good thrill of fishing. Growing uo I always wanted to go fishing. Now that I am a father, I want to spend this quality time with my 3 boys. So if you can offer any good advice as of what bait to use, where on the lakes I have to go to and if there is any websites that can help on different fishing as well. I've always have been interested in the catfish, i just think that they are so amazing at how big they can get. So if anyone can give some pointers, I would really appreciate it and you would make a father and 3 sons very happy.

2. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC!
    My fishing idealology is basically pretty simple. Use baits that replicate what fish eat naturally and put the bait where there are fish. Do that, and most of the time you wont go wrong. For channel cats there are a multitude of baits people use. Worms, hot dogs, chicken livers, stinkbait, corn, anchovies, shrimp, and just about anything else they can fit in their mouth. Flathead are a bit more selective, and usually caught on live bait.
    Bluegills, suckers, carp, worms, water dogs are what most people use.
    If you have any specific questions, fire away.

3. somozajc

somozajc New Member

State:
    arizona

Thanks for the info. I am actually going to try and go out this weekend with the boys.

4. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC Carlos. Can't help you much on the 3 P's down south but there are several people on the site who could help you if they care to reply.
    Good luck.
    Larry

5. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Welcome to the BOC Carlos, I would try either Pena Blanca or Pattie for catfish. You will be able to catch them using the baits listed above. Good luck to you and have fun with the kids. :wink:

6. somozajc

somozajc New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks for the info. I plan to take the kids out soon. Didn't have a chance this weekend. They had soccer but plan on trying this weekend. Thanks again for the info.

7. armyfisher2

armyfisher2 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC brother. I am in GA now but I am originally from Sierra Vista I used to fish Patagonia all the time. First of all for bait I would recommend going to walmart and picking up a jar of hogwild. Now I hope you have a boat. What we would do is rent a boat. We purchased our own trolling motor though and we would leave the marina go under the bridge until we hit open water. Then we would make a right and go all the way to the end on the left hand side over there you will find some overhanging mesquites and some submerged logs. Thats where they are brother you might not get into anything huge but you will catch some decent sized fish I remember one weekend a couple of years ago my buddy and I caught 73 cats in two days. Good luck to you and your family. Let me know how it goes.:wink:

8. somozajc

somozajc New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks for the spot. I will definitly check it out. I plan to go this wednesday night. I will be out there for a couple of days so hopefully i find the spot so my boys and I can have some fun pulling in the cats or whatever fish we get out. Thanks again

9. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Welcome to the BOC Carlos. I'm sorry I don't have any info to share since I'm new to the area, but I would almost a shinny penny your not done hearing from members about your thread you posted. I've been here in AZ for a month now and can't wait until I get my trailer fixed to go out enjoy some of these places the fellers mention. Theres fish out there just save some for me. Happy fishing and may you have tight lines and singing reels.