Patagonia 12/19

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Talon Anderson, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Talon Anderson

Talon Anderson New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hello Brothers,

My children and I are thinking of going to Patagonia this monday the 19th. Any suggestions on where to look for the channels (fish in general) and what bait should I take along worms, crickets, and power bait? Also trying to decide if we should bank fish or take the boat along. Not to familiar with the water temps now. Thanks for tolerating this rookie :D

Anyway looking to have a great time with my kids..

Happy Holidays

Peace
    Tal~

2. Koda

Koda New Member

State:
    Tombstone,AZ
    Good morning Tal, according to the schedule trout should be stocked monday at patagonia so would recomend a couple of different power baits, normaly have some luck across from the swimming area for channels by the trees but there is a lot of snags, have fair luck with crawlers either europeon or canadian don't seem to make much difference.
    Luck David

3. Talon Anderson

State:
    Arizona
    Hello Brother Koda,

Thanks for the information.. Stocking on monday sounds good to me. A few more questions if I may ;) Sorry, hope Im not being troublesome LOL

Do they still dump them at the marina boat ramp or the one by the camp area?

Do they stock in the morn. or afternoon?

Bottom or bobber fish? from the tree side (marina) or over by the G&F boat house, or???

I've never used power bait any flavor/style suggestions?

I use to only use Velveeta for trout there many years ago.. I will try the stick up area you suggested if we take the boat I have a small meyers craft Aluminum.

Koda thanks again!

Happy Holidays!

Tal~

4. Koda

Koda New Member

State:
    Tombstone,AZ
    Sorry it took so long to reply, Velveta should work good, I have a orange and green power bait that they seen to like also a few small spinners and spoons with a lot of flash so to speak will work well at times, they normaly stock the trout at the marina fairly early in the day, easy acess for the truck, if they stock at the marina the trout seen to school and circle the marina area so the boat house should be a good area.
    Going to be a little on the cool side so dress for it, best of luck to you and yours fishing.
    Luck David

5. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    hope it okay I jump in here,
    Velveta catcha my meata, that what we use to say. Half miniture marshmellow with velveta shaped into a pyramid on the hook slide the mellow down to the hook so it floats. second hook night crawler injected with half air and half shrimp oil. truot and cats go for it. Let us know how you do.
    Also gold #2 Panther martin spinner w/fly tail or the good ol kastmaster. nice light line too 4 lb or 6 lb test will get more bites.

6. Koda

Koda New Member

State:
    Tombstone,AZ
    Morning Tal, just wondering how you did at patagonia as we are going to try and get over there next week, morning to you also tdpasser feel free to jump in any time it takes mre than one to figure out these fish lol
    Luck David

7. Talon Anderson

State:
    Arizona
    Hello Brothers tdpasser and Koda..

Fishing was a bust LOL fished allday finally my youngest daughter caught a trout got it to the bank and spit hook. Through everything I had at them .. were not interested none else that I spoke with caught anything. We had a good time mest a nice giu who fished with us late into the evening..

Stocking never happend that day. We are going to try again next week.. I do apreciate all those good tips and will try the marshmellow combo next time.. been in Tucson yesterday and today what a goat rope it was with the traffic..

Looking forward to keeping up the talk. Maybe will get to see you at Patagonia sometime in the future.

Happy holidays friends
    peace Tal~

8. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    I forgot to mention this trick for when the trout aren't biting.Not sure if it's legal kota might know.
    At Kmart they sell feeder eggs in a big jar. Buy it.
    When fish aren't biting cut a beer can top off and fill it half way with gravel and the other half with egg juice and a few of the eggs from the jar. Throw the contents of the can right in front where you are casting. The sound of the gravel brings them trout running for food because that's how they feed them at the hatchery. Then when they come in the area they will easily see your bait floating off the bottom.
    (velveta/mello- ballofire salmon eggs green label/mellow) Think light small sliding sinker with a short leader and a long leader 2 hooks -golden egghooks #10 or #8. Good luck!

9. Talon Anderson

State:
    Arizona
    Hello Brother Tdpasser,
    "Feeder eggs" ? not sure what this is :sad: Is it salmon eggs? or something else.

Peace
    Tal~ :cool:

10. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    thats awesome! id just make sure that you tie a rope to that can so you can retrieve it so you arent littering, and you could re-use it. but i think chumming might be illegal in AZ. not sure though. i bought some chum at a bait store once so thats why im not sure if it is illegal.

11. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    No littering! you keep the can in your hand and that way the gravel sprays a nice line and makes a great sprinkling sound. Not sure if it's legal but sure work good it can be quiet then you throw the chum and rods start popin and also you can just throw gravel (small gravel for the best sound) in your hand for the sound atraction. Just gravel would be legal! :p

12. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey td were ya get them eggs in kmart pet dept sporting gooods? never have seen em here but only kmart i go in to is the one in blythe, sounds like a good one to me. good luck at the river dude

ill b headen to the river xmas nite for the week

have a merry xmas and a happy and safe new year to all