Passing Thunderstorm and fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by JMarrs328, May 27, 2007.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    What will a passing storm do to the fishing? We are supposed to have a storm here in the next 15-20 mins, and i was hoping to get out afterward. Any advice?

2. cashcat

cashcat New Member

State:
    nebraska
    I have always had great luck while and after a storm [right after] its like a kick start for the fish . iv'e been skunked some days til the storm shakes things up . My advice is get out there , get to fishing .

3. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Get out there as soon as the thunder stops.

My uncle and I went on a camping trip to do a bit of catfishing one weekend. We fished for 13 hours (total time, not all at once) without a single bite. Then, right after breakfast one morning a storm shower moved through and we caught close to two dozen fish in about 45 minutes. Talk about *fun*.

Jon

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

i had best luck fishing right before the storm hits......it was so good fishing i didnt want to leave when it was pouring!

5. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    well weekend before last i was w/ my father/bro inlaw and we had been fishing w/ no luck for about 2 hours after dark. we got a heck of a storm rolling in and decided to tuff it out. it paid off w/ 4 flatties over 36"

6. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    i have caught alot of fish before during and after a storm. i think the constant of the water being pelted makes them weary and they are moving more or it is just the good bluegills i have on my hook lol

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    thats the luck ive had, biting good before the storm then tapering off.

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    according to my brother its the barometric pressure , when the barometer drops out from what i understand the gravitational force on the fish is less in other words they get more bouyant theres less downward force on the fish and they feel more hungry which makes them feed all i know is iv caught good fish before during and after a storm

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Thats a lot of scientific mumbo jumbo for saying that the food is all washed in the water during the rain :lol::lol::lol:

10. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I caught that big blue right after a heck of a storm rain looked like a wall.

11. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    was some helpful information...:big_smile:

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    went fishing last night after a good wind storm blew everything north. was only there an hour but caught a 15 lb drum.

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Josh,

I had luck before, during, and after a thunderstorm.
    Adverse conditions can produce fish.

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'd try it...Fish can eat anytime,,,some more than others but like us,they get hungry and eat!!! :lol:

15. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I've had great fishing during and right after a storm also.