Passing through....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CarolinaCats, Sep 4, 2009.

1. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Hey everyone. Been gone way to long. Hope to get back "in the saddle again". Lots been going on since I posted last. I have not taking the boat out fishing. The economy in the tank has not helped my taxidermy biz.

But the worst thing of all, on June 7th I was laying in the bed and the Nascar Race had just begun. I had my left arm up over my head laying on the pillow. It went to sleep. I started flexing it trying to get it woke up. Next thing I know, I had no control of my arm. I was having a STROKE! Im only 43. Thanks to that fella upstairs that never sleeps and works 24/7 my wife was home and got clothes on me and away to the hospital we went. By then my mouth and tongue had gone numb and my speech was slurred. My wife, Annette, happens to work there, so ....they seen us and next thing I know they calling code stroke over the intercom. Two days later Im back home. I had what they called a MIA-mini stroke. Some plaque came loose and blocked a vessel in my brain. I told the Doctor that was BS...I didnt have a brain! I am proud to say that fella upstairs has restored me back to normal. No side effects or anything. Im my normal old self and feel great.

This ordeal really scared me to death. When I walked back into my home on my own two feet with no help I actually cried. It took this health scare to make me realize life is short. Im sure several reading this has been through alot more than I have. And for the ones that have, You understand what Im saying. For those that haven't. Tell the ones that you love, that you love them. We are not promised tomorrow. And if I leave this world tomorrow or 100 yrs from now. I would want all my buddies on Catfish1 to know I love you all!

Now Im gonna go see what all the talk is about a gathering in N.C sometime in October is all about.

I love you all!
    Teddy

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Teddy, take care, you hear. Time to slow down, smell whats left of the roses and maybe do a little fishing. Your bud, Mac

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I'm glad you are ok, sometimes it takes a wake up call to let us know what we really have, I'll get up with you latter, Jeff

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad you are ok ,Teddy. I take HBP meds ,I hate pills,but I ain't ready to let go just yet. Take care of your health Its really all we got.

5. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Dust in the wind.
    We never know when the breeze will cease.
    With that in mind , we must fly as high as possible before the wind slows and we are the ones that fall to the ground.
    Hopefully , you will continue to feel 100%.
    One thing that I heard that lowers chances of ischemic strokes is aspirin.
    Before trying this , ask your wife or one of the M.D.'s.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    We are glad you are safe/well, God Bless

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Teddy i glad for you that they could reverse the effects of your mini stroke an now you are back to normal .Like you said you don,t know when something can take you away from here .Take a min an tell the ones you care for how you feel ,you never know when it will be your last chance to do so

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thankx for the update Teddy!Keep us posted and take of yourself.I know getting to a geathering will help your health, good people, good vibes and good food will help. Whats worce a chair shot or mini stroke?
    smokey

9. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Whew! That sounds like it was a close one; now take care & watch yourself. Glad to hear it had a happy ending.

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Thanks for the good news. Strokes are nasty, but glad ya recovered. Some folks aint as lucky.

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Teddy am glad to here your alright and doing good. God Bless

12. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Thank you all. Even though I havent been a round in awhile. I still feel like BOC is part of my home. And all the post in this thread just confirms that.

Smokey - I'll take a chair shot anyday before going through this ordeal again....lol

Thanks again,

Teddy

13. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Glad you are ok and yes God does like to remind us he is in charge all the time

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know that scared ya to death,I'd have cried too,bein able to walk back into my home. Thank God and take care of yourself.:big_smile: