Passing the time away

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by LMHart, Jul 22, 2009.

1. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I do a lot of fishing alone (and love it) I was wondering what others do to pass the time especially at night. I usually just enjoy the peace and quite and maybe puff on a cigar.

2. CatFighter

CatFighter New Member

State:
    Morgantown, WV
    A good cigar is key, and a good lawn chair.

I also have a blackberry, so I try to catch up on emails for work or browse the internet; you're never without entertainment when you have the internet.

I would listen to the radio if I could find a good 70's station on AM radio. Catfishing and AM radio go hand-in-hand! :wink:

3. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    I fish to pass the time...no need for other things to do. I usually solve all of the world's problems every time I go. Come home relaxed and refreshed. The two things that I will not allow in my boat: A cell phone that isn't set to vibrate and a radio/music player. I go fishing to get away from that "static", I won't tolerate it on my boat.

Just my thoughts.

4. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    I drink Crown Royal and grill some salmon

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    a good lawn chair for sure as i'm usually on the bank,have a cell phone but have never used it for anything while fishing,so i pretty much just enjoy the water and nature around me

6. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I do have my cell phone with me but I try not to use it as a cell phone. Mine is GPS enabled and has Navionics, Google Earth, Weather Radar and a host of other applications that relate well to fishing.

7. CatFighter

CatFighter New Member

State:
    Morgantown, WV
    Enjoying nature is all great and good, and I enjoy myself some nature for the first 20 hours . . . but when you haven't caught a catfish in a week and you're staring at the same pile of logs, the same house across the river, and the same blue heron glaring at you from 100 yds away, I'll check my email. :wink:

No harm in that!

8. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    Watch for snakes, talk to my wife, watch for snakes, day dream, watch for snakes.

9. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City

I hear you on that. Its hard for me to just sit and relax sometimes. I have tried to take up wood carving... that lasted until I dropped the knife in the lake and lost it. One season I thought I would make stuff to sell and offset my fishing habit. Seemed to much like work. I typically always have a pen and a composition book that I allows me to write on whatever I feel is important or to jot down ideas. I take my cell but it is for safety more then anything.

10. CatFighter

CatFighter New Member

State:
    Morgantown, WV
    Well, it's not very constructive at all, but if someone else is driving, I'll bring a case of beer. There's no way to not have a good time when you've got beer and fishing poles, even if you don't catch fish.

I also bring a bunch of fishing magazines: Outdoor Life, In Fisherman, Field and Stream, Game&Fish.

I also grab a local bulletin board and read the classifieds.

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Geez man with all the garbage you take do you have room for rods?If i had take all that crap to keep me busy id just stay home lol

12. CatFighter

CatFighter New Member

State:
    Morgantown, WV
    To each his own, I guess. I can sit still for 10 hours in a tree stand, but after a couple hours on the bank I get antsy. I think it's the heat, or maybe I should carry a rifle in stead of beer. :D

13. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I pass the time while fishing talking to the fish and telling them how yummy that bait is at the end of my line.Sometimes there hard to find and you'll hear me say "here kitty, kitty, kitty"..Their real conversationalist especially when you get them out of the water and they start croaking at you "please let me go I just wanted a lil bit of that skippy"..Some of them are in such shock that there mouth opens and closes in stunned silence..The smaller kitties I'll tell them "Go get your Paw for me and tell him I got some tasty skipjack"..They never listen though..:angry: Kids, hard headed son of a bucks..

14. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well I usually go fishing at the end of the week and for me it is my time to unwind. When Pam goes she does a lot of talking and I do alot of listening lol You married guys know what I mean.

15. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    hum maybe thats why im divorced:confused2:

16. ronniethomas

ronniethomas Member

State:
    iowa
    I fish off of a dam near my house most of the time and when i'm fishing it i like to take my mp3 player with me to shut that sound of raging water out after listening to that dam for awhile it seems like i do more peeing than fishing if i dont have my earphones in.

17. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    When I'm fishin with my buddy, the best thing I have found to pass the time is practical jokes. Like, tying fishin line to his rod holder making it bounce really hard when he aint lookin. Putting Max strength Anbesol on the rim of his coke can, repeatedly asking him if my headlamp is realy brite and just plain old jokin around. No wonder nobody wants to fish with me.:smile2:

18. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    Drink a few beers and talk quietly with my fishing partner.

19. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Cell phones really are a mood killer. Especially when you're with some fishin buddy and he keeps getting calls.............................. Then you're forced to mock him until he shuts it off.

20. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    When I am bank fishing we have a bon fire and listen to music. And drink alot of beer and just have a good ol time. Cook food on the grill. When in a boat its serious time to fish. I don't listen to music unless jug fishing. I surely don't talk on my phone or use the internet on it, its time to relax and talk to freinds about God knows what. Then when someone starts to talk about work, I threating to throw them in the water, and say we are here to fish not to think about work. Practicle jokes are a must, but don't mess with their poles as we are there to catch monsters.:smile2: Andrew