Passing of a Great Catman

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by kansas bluecatter, Sep 18, 2009.

1. kansas bluecatter

kansas bluecatter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Not sure where to post this but I guess this will do. Just wanted to let everyone know that Mr. Lealon Harris of Corinth, Mississippi passed away Friday Sept. 17th at 1:45 A.M. from complications due to cancer. Lealon was a very dear friend of mine. When Lealon talked about catfishing I always took the time to listen. He truly is one of the best catfisherman to ever sink a hook in a fish. For those of you that don't know Lealon he was part of the tournament team of Phil King and Tim Haynie. Lealon's knowledge of catfish was truly remarkable and I will miss him terribly. During his short tournament career he became National Champion at the BPS tournament in Memphis, Tenn. in 2007. Lealon was not only a National Champion he was a true family man in every sense of the word. Lealon was also a homebuilder and President of the Homebuilders Association in Mississippi. I am also a builder and Lealon used to call and give me advice on how to weather this economic downturn we are currently in. My last conversation with Lealon was last Saturday afternoon and his last words to me was the same as they have been for the last two years. He said, "I Love you like a brother!" I will truly miss hearing him tell me that. My tournament team and I are leaving Sat to pay our last respects to him and his family. Services are being held at 2:00 P. M. in Corinth, Miss. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. John Jamison

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John were sorry to hear of the passing of your friend and fellow cat fisherman. Thoughts and Prayers for family and friends.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I'm very sad to hear of your friend's passing, John. His legacy will live on through you and others.

Keeping Lealon's family and friends in my prayers.....:sad2:

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    sad to hear of your friends passing prayers sent to you and his family

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Sorry to hear it John- I know your team and Phil's will miss him dearly.

6. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    John I'm very sorry to hear this! :sad2:

7. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Sorry to hear of his passing John, Prayers sent to all of his friends and family

8. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Sorry for your loss. I am sure the stories he has told ya in the past will be told by you on the fishing banks....

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    John were sorry to hear of the passing of your friend . Thoughts and Prayers for family and friends.

10. Goebel13

Goebel13 New Member

State:
    evansville indiana
    John sorry to hear that. Our paryers go out to the family and to you my friend.

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    sorry to hear the bad news... lealon was a true good ol boy!!! i enjoyed the couple of times i talked with him.. rest in peace..

12. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hearts are at half mast here, the loss of a fellow catfisherman is always one of the most horrifying things the brotherhood can hear. He will be in my thoughts and prayers. :sad2:

13. bigcatkev

bigcatkev Member

State:
    indiana
    Always sad to loose a friend or a family member. My heart goes out to you and his family. Now he is fishing a place that we cant even amagine.

14. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    sorry for the bad news, may god be with you , friends and family

15. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    I am truly sorrry for your loss. I am sure that he was a mentor and sportsmans friend to many. My prayers & thoughts to you and family. He will be missed.

16. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    John, I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friend and a great cat guy. Its guys like this that set the foundation for the sport of catfishing we have today and everytime we loose one we loose more than just a part of the sport we loose all the great storys and the great wealth of knowledge they had.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

17. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    he was a main stay in the cabelas circut! he will be missed!

18. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, may he RIP!!

19. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    As I didn't even know your friend, your remarks made me tear up. My sympathy goes to you and Lealon's family.

At least you had the benefit of knowing him.

20. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thoughts and prayers to family, friends, and team mates. Loss is never easy, but memories of time spent together live forever!!!