Parts

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by jrgriffhusker, Jul 4, 2009.

1. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I'm looking to rebuild my Mercury 150 but not real sure where to pick up the parts. Does anyone have any good ideas on finding the right parts?

Also I'm sure there are some numbers I need to get off my motor to insure that I get the right parts. Does anyone know by chance which set I need?

Any other thoughts I might have forgot that someone else can think of please let me know. I lost compression in one of my cylinders and figure rebuilding it is the only way to make sure that it is fixed right. Thanks for the help. And no selling it is not an option.

2. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    Hi,Not sure where to tell you for parts
    but you will need ser num and mod.

3. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I've looked all over this for the M/N & S/N and don't know where they are located. Working on an outboard is so much more fustrating than a car or a A/C unit. Ugh!!!

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You should be able to get every part you need through O'Reilley's or NAPA. All auto part stores have marine catalogs. You should also get a good manual for your particular motor before you start. I might also suggest a digital camera and take a whole lot of pictures. LOL.

The only model/serial numbers I'm familiar with are on Evinrudes. They are located on the right side of the motor as your standing in the boat facing the motor. It will be down on the mounting bracket. Hope Mercury followed that standard. LOL