Parts of the Vermillion are being CLOSED

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Human Resources 31, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Human Resources 31

Human Resources 31 New Member

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    Yes indeed hit the paper this morning the lonestar plant has the vermillion running near it along with a dam I believe. Due to the local drownings etc they posted signs saying you cant even float in the middle of the water past the plant or your tresspassing UNREAL!

:angry:

2. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    it's the only river I know that you can be trespassing when your in a public waterway per say. When you travel through some of the landowners they feel they own part of the river directly behind there house wierd deal

3. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    That really sucks! :angry: Sorry to hear about it!

4. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Is the Vermillion a navigatable river? I'd call the DNR and see if they're legal in doing that. The CIPS plant at 'dosh tried something similiar 25 years ago. That was on the Illinois though, DNR, DOC at that time, told'em to take the sign's down and leave the boaters/fishermen alone.

5. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    You can take a small boat down it however it's a heated debate in that town. It is a popular canoe/raftn place with fast current little bit of rocks etc...They have off duty county sherriffs patroling the shore not good lol

:eek:oooh: