Parts for a motor!

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by etipriga, Mar 7, 2006.

1. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    Im thinking about buying a parts motor for my 78, 25 horse Johnson, Just wonderin if a 72 motor will be the same. Also the year model for the motor is on the model number right?

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Yea the model determines the year.
    I don't think much will interchange because they started changing the electronics in 74 and 75

If you will get me both model numbers I can run it down for yea and be exact.

3. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    Thats gonna have to wait till this weekend aswell, my bro cant find the model number on mine so ill check it out and keep ya informed. By the way you think its a good deal for the motor? Like i said its a 72 25 horse and he said it used to run just haddnt been started in a long time, he wants 50 bucks for it. Im gonna go look at it next week and prolly have to decide witch motor to fix. To me its sounds great deal but like i said i have to see it first. Thanks for the input.

4. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    well when i got home i decided to fix the 72 johnson. I have 130$ invested in th motor total so i guess i did alright. I got new points, water pump, spark plug wires and the motor runs good. Havent took it out yet thats gonna have to wait till next time, but for now im a happy camper :).

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    yep you did alright with that one.:)