Parrish's do it again

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by ka_c4_boom, Aug 30, 2006.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    me and vern went out last nite pulled up to our favorite skippie hole and caught two dozen on sabiki rigs from 4 to 6 inches . we headed down river to find new territory some place, any place we hadnt fished before . we found just that place on the graph in open water i marked fish on the bottom and near it 31ft with fish at 29,27,24 nice size to according to my hummingbird 535 . we dropped ancor just above the fish and put out 11 rods with fresh bloody skips werent there 10 min til i had a rod double down , a flatty bout 8# wasnt long vern done caught 8# flat as well , after a small channel each bout 3 or 4# vern caught a blue about 15# and i caught another flatty 10# . man were they on we couldnt beleive we'd never fished this spot before hadnt been there an hour or so and done caught 6 nice fish , oops spoke too soon it got quiet all but the wind it looked like rain but didnt cut loose after seting for about an hour with a few small lite bites the wind changed dirrection and so did our luck my rod out the back buzzed hard i reached and snatched it up thumb on spool, clicker on and singing out zzzzzzzzztttttt , FISH ON felt like i hung a rock a big rock me and vern both jumped up in amazement , vern said there he is thats the one you always wanted lol he was right this fish was was heavy , i knew right away it was a flathead it never faught just hugged the bottom like dragging a tree in current at 31feet deep all the way to the boat i lifted it bout half way to the top i guess he saw the lights on the boat and took drag on my tidewater like he owned it back down to the bottom , vern hollering play'em dont horse'em i said tell him that lol after 3 attempts to boat this fish he gave up when he came to the top my first guess in the dark was 50# vern got the net under him and i lifted him in the boat you can see the pics under vlparrish photo's we figure he weighed round 40# give or take iv got to get a scale after a few pics and video i released him back in the water to grow for another day she is a pretty fish . well the night was young and we still had skippies on ice so we fished on i yelled get that rod vern's head was spinning from one side of the boat to the other looked like the exersist lol one of his rods was bent 90* and goin fast he grabbed it up and ran to the front of the boat FISH ON he faught that fish like it was a monster , it was in 40ft of water and alot of current we were both dissapointed when it turned out to be a 20# blue lol but still a nice fish , we went on to catch a few more small flatties and a couple more channels untill the gar moved in on us , then we quit and headed in we caught 14 fish in all , and had alot of fun . i hope everyone who reads this feels the fun we had , good luck brothers and sisters

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish yall got, congrats on the catch.

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    WoHoo!!
    Great to read a post like that....congrats!!

4. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Chuck, that sounds like an awesome night of fishing. Glad you got Vern back in some fish. He kinda had his face in the soup after Sat:lol: .

Way to go Parrish Bros!

5. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Sounds like you both had an AWESOME night!
    Great story, and YES.. that sounded like a FUN night!

I would guess that there are many of us that dream of having a night like that one!

Thanks for sharing!

_

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    this needs more attention lol my head aint big enough yet lol

7. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Great job guys and good story as always!

8. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Man, what a night of fishing must have been an awsome time.
    You are the man!

There did that help with the head thing a little?:lol:

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Are you sure? I thought your head was PLENTY big already, buddy, and so did everybody else :tounge_out:.

10. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    Man you gotta get a scale! Nice Catch! I know it was a blast.

11. catcatcher311

catcatcher311 New Member

State:
    Ne
    Man sounds like a awesome night congrats very nice flattie.

12. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    sounds like you had a blast i think i might go out tonight

13. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky

14. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Great fishing! Thanks for sharing!!

15. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice to see there are a few big ones left out there thatll still bite. congrats on the catch

16. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Way to go guys. Y'all done good and I really enjoyed the read.

st

17. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    great post, good to hear ya'll had a good trip.going out tonight with my ol'buddy, hope we catch some.

18. chattycatty

chattycatty New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm really proud of you. You done good. :big_smile: As far as your big head, I'm not sure it can get any bigger. JK - You know I love you just the way you are.

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You did good man,I hope you have many more!-----------pk powell:big_smile:

20. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Quote from Ka_c4_Boom:"vern wanted me to go today but i had plans so expect kelly to have a new avatar lol they took my boat .thanks goes out to all of ya my hat dont fit lol" (end quote)

That's "Kelli". Anyway, I probably won't have a new avatar yet. I only caught an 8lb blue( estimated weight---you guys need a scale). I caught it out of your new honey hole:tounge_out: . Vern didn't get anything, but he did grab the pole for me. Boy, you really got to watch that man. He'll take over your pole. Glad to finally get out on the water again. Thanks for the use of the boat.

Oh, by the way. what's the talk about your hat not fitting? I'm surprised you Parrish boys can even get your heads through the front door.:big_smile: