Parr Reservoir

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by recatfish, Sep 20, 2006.

1. recatfish

recatfish New Member

State:
    north carolina
    anyone fished parr in the last few weeks going to try the 29th now that gas as droped a little in nc

2. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    South Carolina /Lake Murray
    I only live about 10 min or so from parr or as we call it "the Fields" BUT with all the big cats being caught up in Monticello, I have been thinking about trying the spill way behind Pumped Storage for Big Blues & see what happens , I know it doesnt get the Pressure that Monty gets as far as big cats goes & its the same water , So I am sure it gotta be some huge Cats back there as well

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Is Parr a lake or river? I've never heard of it and I live in NC.

4. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    Parr is a resevoir on the Broad River between Newberry & Fairfield countys It starts just below hyw 34 & ends just above hyw 213 , when they Built Monticello , they also raised the height of the damn at Parr making the resevoir bigger and so that it would hold more water , Monticello does 2 things, its the cooling Lake for VC Summer Station , BUT it also is the Upper Resevoir for Fairfield pumped Storage & Parr resevoir being the lower ,, its kind of a lil secret for us Locals & One could be tortured for telling its Location hehehe

5. recatfish

recatfish New Member

State:
    north carolina
    the fields is a good name for parr with all the stumps i have got the best of two props in their so far but still go back for more

6. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    I have not fished Parr since I got my Stratos, Back when I had a Bug Buster with a 40 Yamaha I lived over there !! We fished for most anything that was Biting & we would go frm the Dam to hwy 34 fishing ponds & backwater along the way. I wish I could afford to have 2 boats ,if so, I would have me another bug buster or a flat bottom to fish there . I have given thought of taking the Startos ,19 foot over there & easing out to the river & then to Pumped Storage to fish for big cats , just have not got the nerve up yet lol.... I have to say that I was very lucky that I never tore the prop or anything else up over there

7. recatfish

recatfish New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I know what mean when you say you have not got your nerve up yet I have a bigger bass boat myself but I think I'll give it try anyway ease around an hope for the best the fishing I hope makes it worth it.