Parkville ramp

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by cook, Apr 10, 2008.

1. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Saw this on another site"
    New river access in Parkville Mo. on the Missouri River? I was contacted today by a Parks & Recs guy from the City of Parkville. They have a vote coming up for putting in a new river access there.

They are looking for a group of fisherman/hunters that would be willing to help get the word out. And to maybe help try to get a fund raiser together to help with upfront money.

Does anyone know of some groups who might be willing to put in some time for this project? Lee"

2. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Contact Brad Kilpatrick, he could help with that.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    We talked about this before on here. Parkville needs to step it up. It is already planned and they say in 3 years. Freaking town needs to get out of the 1800's. At the end of main street they have a sign with a picture of what it's going to look like when it's done. Looks nice but again Parkville is the definition of slow.

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Is that the sign they had Fred F. chisel on a stone tablet :)

5. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    That's interesting that they want to have a 'fund raiser'.
    In my conversations with city hall last year they were working with the state of Missouri and sounded like they already had a plan and funding in place to have the soccer fields and ramp built in 2010.
    But I guess when politics are involved a lot can change in a year.
    I'm going to have to inquire some more about that and see what happened.
    I sure have my hopes up for that ramp.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    The boat ramp is going to be between the baseball fields now and the new soccer fields Kind of looks like they might have done some dirt work once upon a time. From when I talked to them they where "said" they where working with the state on approving a ramp and doc. If they want one that works they just need to go to Atchison kansas. I guess I'll have to call and talk to them again.