Parkville boat ramp in Moussouri?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by brad kilpatrick, Mar 14, 2006.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Does anyone know if the Parkville Boat ramp onto the Mo River is useable??? I thought I heard it was in pretty rough shape. I would like to fish that area tomorrow and avoid the long boat ride from riverside park.

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Brad

It would be pretty tough. There is a sand / mud bar at the bottom you would have to drive onto and a little ways across just to reach the water. It's never an easy place to launch, but the river needs to be a few feet higher to even try.

3. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Thanks gary!!!!! guess we'll just take a ride from riverside park!!

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    From front street the ride should be about 30 min. But yeah the boat ramp is a POS. at this point it's out of the water. To really use the ramp the water should be about 5 or 6 feet higher.

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Brad

Was that you guys parked off my super secret spot tonight? I would have been more sociable if the wind had died down some. Every time I turned my head that way it seemed like it picked up.

I caught a 7lb cannel cat, but that was it.

6. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    We kinda had to cut our outing short.

7. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Yea Gary that Was Us....We didn't have the best of luck the anchor rope broke and befroe We knew it We were drifting toward St Louie, made one heck of a mess of all the lines. LOL

At least you caught something......That wind was sharp!!!!! Were You wearing Shorts???????.............Brrrrrrr, Heck I had long pants on and a jean jacket and wished I had worn more.

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I wondered what was going on. I thought at first maybe someone hooked a big fish that pulled you off anchor.

Were you guys cold:p I was wearing shorts when I got there, but it didn't last too long. I probably would have just gone down the bank a little more and fished after seeing the boat there, but I had a strong suspicion that it was going to turn out to be you guys.

I had one other strong bite, but I'm pretty sure at was a beaver that got caught in my line briefly. That could have been exciting :0a5:

9. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    We figured it was You or KCGeoff. Kieth Kendrick and I have been going out every Wed after I get off work for a few weeks now. I'm not as used to fishing the Mo as I am fishing the Kaw. With that big boat I have now and the water level so low there are only so many places I can go on the Kaw. If You ever want to join us some evening I'm sure We can squeeze in one more.

I went to lowes today and bought some stuff to build a stand to mount fishing rod holders across the back of the boat. now if I could just decice on what rod holders I want to buy....Be-readys or Driftmaster pros???? Need a new anchor as well I suppose.....

10. IDODIKES

IDODIKES New Member

State:
    missouri
    have you had any luck fishing the wing dykes since the water temp hit 48 degrees???