Parks closed

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by txthumper1691, Jun 11, 2007.

1. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Due to th extensive amount of rain that has pummled th area in recent weeks, All th parks are closed. Might as well say th lakes r closed. You cant do any bank fishin or even launch a boat cuz all th ramps are under water. Lake Waco, Belton, Stillhouse AND Granger!! All th lakes I like to fish are mostly under water :cry::too_sad:. All I wanna do is :0a23:, but cant so I think I'm gonna just cry..............or maybe try an fish someones small stock-tank.

2. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Granger ramps are okay went yesterday. Can't use the courtesy dock unless you mind walking in about 2' of water. The rest of the lakes are not too good. Crappie dock is closed too. The rip rap on the other side looked good. Caught more whites than cats though. Results 7 whites and 3 small cats. Shad was easy to cast net off that courtesy dock with no boats.

3. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Yeah, I recognize that boat, I saw you guys castin th net by th dam when we drove by. my wife was like "wonder if there gettin alot of bait fish". So not fishing there for th BIGG CATS was a good idea? Well I cant wait till th water lewvels go down.

4. capnmorgan

capnmorgan New Member

State:
    Texas
    franks, and white flint boat ramps are open on Belton right now. warning you it's a zoo...:crazy:

5. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Think I'll pass on that one. Not planning to go to Belton till the levels drop more. For me right now it is sommerville and granger.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

fancy that a lake under water. what a concept.

jk sorry to hear its closed.

7. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    But white flint is only open to RVers, its an RV park now, they dont let people day fish from th bank or dock there. I went there this past Jan to do some early pre-spawn fishin, they said NOPE only if u have an RV. I hadnt made it back to franks tho, I figured w/th water being 14 - 16 ft above normal, his would be closed to.

8. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    You can get into White Flint if you have a boat though. I know its a shame for you bank fishermen Thumper. It was a really nice bank fishing park.