Parker Lake Shovelhead

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by shovelheadstalker, Nov 3, 2005.

1. shovelheadstalker

shovelheadstalker New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Just trying to find out if any of y'all been fishin for shovels in Parker?

2. Koda

Koda New Member

State:
    Tombstone,AZ
    Hello shovelhead stalker,
    Have not fished parker for quite a while but have caught several good sized channels there but as far as I know there are no flatheads in the lake.
    Luck David

3. shovelheadstalker

shovelheadstalker New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for getting back Dave! I get the Az fishing report e-mailed to me everyday. If your able to sign up for the e-mails check it out. People have been pulling shovelhead out of there the last few months. Im just wondering if anyone has been there in the last week or so and know of some hot spots.

Robb

from Az Game and Fish:

PARKER STRIP — Catfish are hitting earlier in the evening just after sunset. Flatheads will hit on most live bait although bluegills work well as do goldfish. Try a small worm around the docks to catch the bluegills and redears that inhabit this stretch of river, but be aware there are some monsters lurking out there waiting to be landed and set a new state record. Channel cats like their bait stinky so cut anchovies would be a good choice or try chicken livers a good standby. There have been reports of Bass hitting both top-water baits as well as spider jigs with light weights.