Park pond

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by dogcat, Oct 14, 2007.

1. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Went to a favored local park pond around Dayton yesterday after several shutouts there recently and the Miami River letting me down and nailed 6 channels ranging from a dink of about 1 LB to several nice 2-5. 1 particularly ugly fish went about 10 lbs, lost my scales, had a huge sore on it's belly and one on it's side. Rough life but he lives on and was surprisingly feisty. Chicken livers trumped hot dogs this time at this pond. Heading out again in a bit as the sun warming them seems to be making them active in the afternoon early evening. Bite dropped off to nothing at dark. It's still on folks!

2. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    cool! Sounds like you had a good time.

3. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Thanks for the thanks and Sunday only netted one right at dark. Mark and T J joined me, Mark left early after no activity and not one run until about 6 and I caught a small 1-2 pound fish. Still have 2 tubs of livers and Thursday off, rain or shine minus lightning of course I will be out again. Wish I could get pix off my Verizon Chocolate. Can send phone to phone but not to my or any email address or I would post some pics. Might give the Miami River another look depending on weather with some livers for channels and the flatties have to feed again while I am there so will bring some bluegills if I venture over there.

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey scott where do you fish the miami. Little or Great miami

5. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Great Miami from Troy for channels and saugeyes to Franklin for Flats. You can see some pics in the Ohio rivers thread from earlier this year. I have fished parts of the Little Miami over the years and may be missing some gems but I know of few if any good holes for decent sized fish on the Little Miami. Get bait there from time to time since I live off 675 in Beavercreek/Kettering area and it's close. Lotsa chubs in the Little Miami.

6. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    6 more between TJ and I, 3 a piece on Sunday. No bite until 2-3 PM after arriving at noon which is typical for this pond. Had a little wind shift after a warm front passed, It was WINDY Sunday, and the bite was on. I lost one and a few dropped the livers. All were in the 2-4 pound range, very scrappy and fun. I am hoping to hit the Great Miami again soon after being skunked the last 2 outings and not6 hearing much good. One report from a friend of a 9 pound flattie near where I fish has caught my interest and with this rain, maybe the river will be up and some monsters will be on the prowl.