Park Closings

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Doyle, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Our fine governor has decided to cut some budget by closing, MorrainView park, Weldon Springs park, Kickapoo Park, and Lincoln Log Cabin park. I certainly have enjoyed all of these parks but I don’t live in Chicago where the votes are. What do you fisherman think? Whats going to happen come summer?

2. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I hope the Fed's get him before he closes the States Park's

3. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Its just wrong what he is doing. I wonder what is to become of the land these parks sit on? Are they going to sell the land and make a profit off it?

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    When I lived in Oakwood, used to hang out and fish at Kickapoo all the time. Sad news...very sad.

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    There is another thread that is exactly the same as this one!!!

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Just think what will happen if Chicago gets the olympics in 2016. There won't be any parks left... all funds diverted to flip the cost! :eek:oooh:

7. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry about that.:big_smile:

8. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Fishing is'nt the only thing impacted. I hunt a county park bordering Kickapoo and middlefork preserve. There is shotgun hunting and pressure all around me, driving the deer to me. and no gun hunting in my spot. Now with Kickapoo and middlefork closing. there will be a ton of people wanting to hunt where I do and all kinds of land for them to run and hide. the closing of kickapoo is really going to impact the hunting around here. I know people that have shotgun tags for these parks. What will they do about that?

9. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    I would'nt get to upset about the closing of these parks.

Illinois has a large number of democrats, your senator, Obama, has the democratic parties nomination for president.

I don't think they're going to allow something like that to happen.

The thinking being, how can you save the United States if you can't even keep the parks open in your own state.

Just my view, but if it does happen then the good people of Illinois need to sent a message to the govenor and vote him out of office and let them know your parks are off limits to political wrangling.

Its a common ploy used by the small city I live in and some of the surrounding cities to make cuts only in the areas that most concern the citizens to try to more tax dollars.

10. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Hidden Spings is one of the parks also. It has several nice catfish ponds. When I went to sign up for a hunting permit, I was told by the Park Rangers that if the site closes up, they will put up No Trespassing signs and no one will be allowed to hunt or fish. Most folks pay for a Habitat Stamp when they buy their hunting licence. Other pay for fishing licences. What is Ole Rod doing with the money collected? I am a registered Democrat but anyone would be better than him. Maybe he will get a cell next to the last Governor.

:eek:oooh:

11. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I heard that on the news and liked to fell out of the chair, shuting down Lowden thats crazy, everyone wants to see the Indian. Oh well guess I will pay the fines. Sounds like the state needs more money than I do.