Parents with kids in school

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dreamer34, Jul 31, 2006.

1. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    if you are a parent with children in school i urge you to join your local PTA so you can have a voice in matters pertaining to your kids this upcoming school year ...this year i will have my oldest 2 girls in school (1 in kindergarden..1 in 4th grade)and it will be my first time joining the PTA...for the past few years i sat on the sidelines while others was able to voice their opinions about matters but now i know that it was time for me to step in and be able to make a difference in how my kids education is handled...thanks for reading and my your kids have a great year

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I agree parents can make a great difference by getting involved in their childrens education as well as other. Also if you can volunteer some time to help around the school it can make a great difference.

3. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I couldn't agree more. I have two daughters (19 and 16). The oldest is about to start her 2nd year at Auburn and the youngest is headed to Alabama after next year. My wife and I have always put their ed first and stayed active with their schools. We never joined the PTA because we hate politics and clicks (the good old boy network) and also we moved around too much. My oldest daughter went to 26 different schools before graduating. Both of my daughters still brag about how much their mom and dad were involved.

4. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    My girls are too young for school yet, but I am trying to get my oldest who is almost 3 into headstart. I plan on volunteering in the class if they will allow & need me. Partly so I can keep an eye on Brianna & partly so I can see what is going on in the classroom.