pappy needs prayers please

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by JERMSQUIRM, Sep 27, 2005.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well its been a while since my grandpa has had problems. at 72 he is still the villages only maintnence man that held that job for years while working 1-st shift at revere copper and brass pot and pan manufacturing plant as a changover specilist. he has busted his butt to make a living and me what i am cause he and my grandma raised me since i was 3.

12 years ago or so he had a heart attack. he had a stint put in and made a fast recovery. then after rotor cuff surgery he had a blood clot cause another attack. he still works to this day and is still the only one ive ever seen drive a backhoe into a yard and only mess up a 2 foot square to pump a septic tank. iN A TOWN OF 500 HE KNOWS WHERE EVERYTHING IS CAUSE HES DONE IT FOR SO MANY YEARS.

today he was having some pains in the midsection that later moved to his chest. after no response to pain meds my grandma made him go to the hospital this eve. the ekg was ok but another test showed something that they wanted to keep him overnight for. + his history. on his request he was transfered to springfield hos where there more equipped for this emergency.

he in the mist of all sent my grandma home to make sure that my son tiler whom was staying there tonight to get up for school would get to bed early. never thinks of himself.

shoot a prayer his way if ya would. his name is kenneth rich. thanks.

2. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I definately will have him in my thoughts and prayers. My Pap is all I have left out of my grandparents, and I pretty much grew up at his house, so I know how you must feel. I'll be thinking about you all.

3. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Jeremy, thoughts and prayers for you and grandpap.
    Mine was the same way. Retired 4 times and was still working till the day he passed on.
    Be strong, give him all the support you can as I'm sure you already do.
    God bless.
    Keith

4. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Jeremy,
    I lost both of my grandfathers early in my life so I can't say that I feel what you're feeling. I do, however, have an active prayer life and will say prayers for your grandfather AND you and your family. May GOD grant you peace during this time.

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Jeremy,

Your Grandfather and your family are now in my prayers. From what you have said of your grandfather, if even half of his work ethic rubbed off on you, then you are an extrodinary gentleman. Take this time to tell him just how much he means to you. Don't let the sun go down, without letting your loved ones know how much they mean to you.

6. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Cats4, you, your family and your grandpap are in my prayers.

7. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    the bad times are when we need our family and friends with us. our prayers go out to you and your family. may you have many more happy years.

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    He sounds like a very good man. Your family will be on our prayer list.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jeremy,

Your grandpa, Kenneth and family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Sounds like he had been doing really great for his age. I'm almost his age but haven't worked in several years.

I never had any grandparents, they had long passed on when I came along.
    I enjoyed hearing all about them.. wish I could have known them.

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Jeremy, My prayers go out to you and your Pap. Hope Pap gets better.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thanks all for the prayers. i just got a call thet he is coming home at 5.pm today. sounds like things must have been ok after all. my lil boy is upset. he loves his paps.

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jeremy I will say a prayer for your grandpa and your family. Keep us posted on how he is doing. If you need anything just hollar.

13. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    We will keep him in our thoughts and Prayers Make sure you tell him we are praying for a speedy recovery.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well he came home last night. i guess they ran a cam up to his heart and did some looking around. i think a cathederation too. said he had some like 50% blockage. guess they told him to take lipitor and watch his diet. guess they won't do much at 50%. hes supposed to take it easy for a few.

15. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Jeremy,

I'm glad to hear that he is home. At 50% blockage he should still be able to do most things that he used to do. Just a little slower.

Good luck, and thank you for the update.

16. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Thats good news brother make sure you tell him you love him every chance you get. We will continue to pray for him.

17. shepdog

shepdog New Member

State:
    Sherwood, Ar
    Prayers will be sent out for him.

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    he was outgetting around yesterday. he didn't work but took my son to town. he just won't stop. thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. much appreciated.