Panty hose....lol

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Stumpknocker2, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    I came up with an idea for using chicken livers, without the risk of them being so easily lost. Put them inside a peice of panty hose, then hook the bait. Now someone else may have already tried this, if so let me know how it works....seems like it would be great. They could get the taste but not just suck it off the hook, or when casting to insure the bait remaind in tact. Whatcha tink?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've heard of lots of people doing that.I've heard that DH is big on using livers,he may be able to elaborate on it...:crazy:

3. gilly

gilly New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've heard of people using cheese cloth with good results.....

Plus it is cheaper and the wifey wont get mad b/c you keep taking her stockings:big_smile:

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    WOW Glenn where have you been??????:eek:oooh: :big_smile: Go to the library and you will probably find oddles of threads on panty hose.Be sure and use cheap NEW panty hose so there isn't any human scent in them.If you use your wifes panty hose it is a real good idea to make sure she isn't still in them when you go to cast.Lots of good rods broken by forgetting that rule.I used to use PH for garlic cheese when fishing lakes stocked with trout in Colorado.Cheese cloth also works.:big_smile: :smile2:

5. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah if I use chicken livers I always like to wear panty hoses to the water....or yeah I take panty hose to the water thats better. I have also used a rubber band to tie them to the hook.

6. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    You can also get bait bags. They are little mesh bags that you put your home made baits in.ther easy to use and only cost about 1.50 for 4 bags. Just stuff your bait in it and flod it over and hook it. Great little bags

7. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Well I see that before I post something like that again I will definitly go to the library. I take it that has been around a while...goes to show you how much catfishin I have been doing.lol.

8. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    hey glen i use sewing thread take about 10 to 12 inches or more of sewing thread hook the livers on the hook and take the sewing thread n wrap kinda firm around the hook guaranteed u wont throw the liver off..all iv used n its quicker than cutting up pantyhose each time u bait up n cheaper.hope this works for u brother ...if need be try n get some livers n post some pics

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Can't be cheaper than trollin' the neighborhood clotheslines...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Some people only open up to tell you that they're closed.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Get a roll of elastic string from the arts & crafts store and wrap it around the liver, then pull the string tight till it breaks, The liver won't come off! Tried and tested!

Big George showed me this trick.

Don't be afraid to bait the hook up real good with alot of liver. I think fresh, bloody liver draws the cats in much quicker!

Attached Files:

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    That is a famous trick, I have never try it, I just use a treble hook.

12. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    I like that pantyhose idea and use it. I also keep all my onion sacks when I buy onions. I use these just as I do the pantyhose. You can wrap a rubber band around either the hose or the onion sack pieces, or as suggested use thread or mono line.

13. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Only trouble with this kind of trolling is that it can earn you a load of buckshot in the rear end and a reputation as a prevert.:lol:

Have a nice day.

14. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Panty hose works great holding chicken liver on a hook. Some types of panty hose work better than others though. I don't know the name of the kind that works best but the only way I can describe them is they have a smaller diameter around the lower part. They tie smaller balls of chicken liver.

One important thing is to be sure the tip of your hook doesn't go into one of the knots on the panty hose.

15. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    The panty hose idea has been around for a very long time. But, it was still a good idea. Since, you had not been aware of it.