Panhandler fillet machine

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by trctrdr, Jan 8, 2010.

1. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone tried the panhandler fillet machine, if it works well seems like it would take a lot of the work out of the job. But I wonder since you still have to remove the rib cage and skin, Hmmm.
    trctr dr

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    I think the hardest part filleting a fish is the rib age and skin. You don't have to worry about the fish sliding around trying to fillet it, though. Might not be a bad piece of equipment to have. Probably would make a mess of crappie more manageable. That's why I don't keep hardly any, hate to fillet them.

3. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Can i fillet a 10lb Catfish with it??lol...I think it would just be eaysier to do it the old fassion way...I use an electric fillet knife when dooin Bluegills and Crappie though

4. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    I bought one last spring but i havent had the chance to use it.Im going ice fishing for a week ill tell you when i get back.

5. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    finally got around to using the panhandler.it works and gets more fillet meat.used on crappies and bluegills.you still have to cut the heads and pull out guts and then take out the ribs and take fillet off skin.does a good job with little waste.id recommend it to others.make sure you put the tail on the metal plate and tail fins but dont put the body on the plate or it wont work right.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010