Panhandle people..

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by Stumpknocker2, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Are there any people in or around the panhandle, Chipley, DeFuniak Springs, PC, Destin, that are members on here. Looking to meet some locals so I can find me a fishin' partner, then maybe we can fish some of these tournys.

2. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Sorry Glenn, I Moved From Pensacola Back To TN In '98. I Was Stationed At The Naval Air Station From 96-98. I Only Went Catfishing There On 2 Occasions At This Pond. I Didn't Know Many Locals So I Can't Help You. But I Really Like The Florida Panhandle, It's A Really Nice Area.

3. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    hey Glenn wishi was closer i live about an hour from you, there are a few members close to you i just cant think of them right off hand. I know there is a good place to fish right on the AL State line on Highway 331 Lake Jackson i think it is.

4. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Cleave, an hour is not far to drive when you are talking a bout fishin'. I have some family in AL so I go over there pretty often, let me know if ya wanna fish some time, I have a good boat, carb is being cleaned right now, I went to go fishin this morning and was running rough, but I do like to keep mine in top knotch shape.

5. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    I will let you know when i get ready to do some fishing. Right now i am trying to get some family things straght but after that i should be ready. What part of AL you got family in? I know the lower part of the state so there is not too many rivers and creeks that i have not fished. just PM me and lets get together.

6. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Faydette, and Geneva, I think Slocomb. But yeah we will get together and do some fishin, I will PM you when the boat is right.

7. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    How you doing stump. I,m not that close to you but close. I,m in dunnellon Thats 25 west of ocala. Theres places to catch cats here ,,,,,,,,,somewhere lol. i just havent found them yet. but i,m fishing all over. I fish here in the withlacoochee and got a couple of blues ( 10 to 15 pds) not to big but i,m sure there,s big ones here. I,m from INDY and been here for 7 years so catting is a little diff, here. Been to a couple of others places to. But i,m not scared of driving anywhere to fish for cats. I also have a boat i just got it fixed. Trying to get my cam to work and i,ll post a pic here soon. So maybe we can trade off,,,,,you can come down here sometime to fish and we,ll use my boat here and i can come up there and fish and go on your boat,,Save some gas by not pulling boats allover.

8. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Sounds like a great idea. I have your number plus we canstay in touch here. R U fishin the Florida Catfish Tourny?

9. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    As a matter of fact yes i am . i,m going to try to get up there around wendsday to pre fish for a couple of days. I have a pardner for this tournament but he wont be able to fish to many or maybe no more tournaments ( he,s young and has to wife if he can go LOL ) so i,m going to be looking for a tournament pardner to go to some or alot of tours with the us cats and some others tour to.

10. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Cool, well maybe I will see you there, and a partnership in the future may work out great. Give me a call when you get to Wewa, maybe I will come a day earlier and we can do lunch or something.

850-258-0041

11. Robear76

Robear76 New Member

State:
    Fl
    I've been deployed, so I didn't answer up sooner! I'm right here in Destin/Ft. Walton Beach. I've asked around where I could catch some Channel Catfish and the folks around here don't fish for them at all! No one knew anything. I've only found one lil' pond/lake that was "stocked" with Channels, but I never saw any. I have bait in the fridge ready to go, but no where to use it. I read something about Turkey Creek. Is this the sam place where the park/walking trail thing is?

12. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    I am also stationed in Fort Walton Beach. I have been here for about 2 years. I have fished alot of the ponds on the Eglin Reservation, but I do not have a boat so it is a little difficult to get out on the rivers. Been looking to try the shoal and yellow rivers, but like i said, no boat. I have been looking for some people to fish with but sems like no one around here fishes for cats. Anyone interested in taking a fairly newby out and teaching him a thing or two give me a hollar. 850-420-6217. names justin.

13. KajunPCB

KajunPCB New Member

State:
    Panama City Beach,Fl.
    reporting in! i wil be in PCB next summer..will be fishing the choctawhatchee river and applachicola river...and the bay for reds and specks.

14. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    I know that it has been a while, but I just went the other day, and tukey creek does have a walking trail, actually like a bridge trail that follows the river for a few miles.

15. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Hey guys nice to know you are in the area. There are a lot of great catfishing spots all around ya. The chatawhatchee river the end around bruce, where you put in is a place called smokehouse lake. also the yellow river is good too, for blues and flats, also sturgion. go interstate 10 towards pensacola, and get off on the holt exit, take a left off the ramp and that road will literaly dead end into the ramp. Yellow river is really swift, but has a lot of really deep holes. If you need any further info. or want or need a guide for the day let me know. My number is 850-258-0041, and my name is Glenn.

16. whiteelephant

whiteelephant New Member

State:
    florida
    The Choctawhatchee River east of you near Ebro is rated as Floridas best channel cat river. Pretty good access there too.

17. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    ya Glen, I would love to go out once it gets a little warmer. Speaking of that, when about does the pre-spawn run hit down here. I know about back home, but here it is totally different. I was thinking when water hits around 75 or so, but was not sure when that usually is.

18. Cat Dracula

Cat Dracula New Member

State:
    Metarie, LA
    Hey stumpknocker, I have to pick up a center console cobia next weekend in Ft Meyers. I would love to go fishin in FL. I am in New Orleans now, but I was born in Jacksonville and lived all around the state before moving years back.

19. KajunPCB

KajunPCB New Member

State:
    Panama City Beach,Fl.
    hey Cat Dracula....i'm half Crochet..my mom's side....what part of La. is your family from?