Panfishing spoon

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by WhiskerfishLou, Nov 9, 2009.

1. WhiskerfishLou

WhiskerfishLou New Member

State:
    Northeastern Indiana
    I have failed to find a particular lure that I found very productive for panfishing. I bought the last card of these in a hardware store several years ago. The small time manufacturer was in Ohio. I have no clue as to what these type of spoons are called. In my research, I come up with mini spoons, flutter spoons and micro spoons... all totally different. The ones I used were a silver... close to a tear drop shape, but more like an elongated colorado blade, with a #8 hook. The hook was riveted to the spoon. The spoon body had it's own hole with a split ring on it. The ones I purchased had either a white, black or red tuft of yarn or feather like material. The whole spoon as manufactured was about an inch long, including the split ring. I had found a website for this manufacturer several years ago,that had a little history link. But I no longer can find it. It said that this lure was manufactured in his home, but ended up launching into a bigger venture. Eventually, the man was unable to run the business and after a lull in making these lures, a son or someone close took up the venture and had begun to produce these little jewels. I have found these little spoons to produce when nothing else would or in greater numbers. I've caught all my largest panfish on these lures... now I'm down to one. I went through this whole dialogue to try to explain in detail what the lure looked like and its Ohio origins. If anyone has knowledge of this particular type of tackle and how to acquire more, let me know. From all the mini, micro, flutter, and flicker sites I found, nothing came even close, size wise or shape. I hope I don't have to humble myself and try to duplicate such a lure. I'm not that good at that kind of stuff, and I certainly wouldn't want to violate some patent that might be attached to the product. Thanks. Lou

2. g3l33m

g3l33m Member

State:
    Pec, Illinois
    A picture of your last one with a ruler next to it would be a big help in locating more.

3. WhiskerfishLou

WhiskerfishLou New Member

State:
    Northeastern Indiana
    I will try asap. Preparing for a trip this week end. I'll try to get one loaded before that. Thanks again.

4. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    go to ............. they got a forum just like this. im positive someone there will be able to help.

5. Deuce

Deuce New Member

State:
    ohio