Pan Handler Fish Filleter

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by RIVERRUNT, Jan 29, 2010.

1. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Finally tried the pan handler.I forgot to bring it in the fall and used it after icefishing.I was skeptical at first but it works.Gets more fillet and less waste.Still have to make slit on head and pull guts out and take fillet and ribs off skin.If you fillet 100 panfish in 1/2 hour you probably wouldnt use it.but one uses it and other takes skin off fillet it works out pretty good.make sure you have part of tail on metal plate and rear fins but not the body or it binds up.you just have to reposition fish.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Do you have a link?? never seen this ,or dont think I have. I Prefer to just fillet mine on a board,I fillet over the ribs instead of cutting through them and cutting them off,It saves a small amount of meat,but takes a bit of time.

3. festus

festus New Member

I saw the ad in Cabela's website. Here's the link, Richard, there is a photo there. Looks and sounds good, but it's only supposed to fillet fish no larger than 11-1/2" long.
    http://www.cabelas.com/p-0065736020561a.shtml#customer-product-reviews

Some good reviews here:

what a time saver, December 1, 2009
    By knp55 from ohio
    "I now have 4 panhandlers. 2 of them we took the knives apart and made them fit into an electric knife. for some reason they now fillet a perch as perfect as a crappie or bluegill."
    Would you recommend this product to a friend? Yes

Review 2 for Panhandler® Fish Filleter
    Overall Rating: 5 out of 5
    fillet em up quickly, September 2, 2009
    By dolphman from new england lake and pond tout fisherman with hunt
    "after catching a 5 gallon bucket load of white perch, the fish filleter cut the time in half cleaning all those fish! a great fillet every time !"

Review 3 for Panhandler® Fish Filleter
    awesome, May 27, 2009
    By mstru
    "didn't believe it till i saw it work
    awesome awesome awesome"
    I Would you recommend this product to a friend? Yes

Review 4 for Panhandler® Fish Filleter
    Surprise, May 4, 2009
    By bmark from Mid-Michigan
    "I bought this filleter because I couldn't believe it,
    IT WORKSGREAT."

Review 5 for Panhandler® Fish Filleter
    Thought it was a toy, March 25, 2009
    By Preaching from Wisconsin

"My wife bought this Panhandler fish filleter for me four years ago for Father's Day. I begged her not to waste her money but she bought it anyway.
    The next time we went fishing we kept all the bluegill we caught that were over 5 an half inchs long. We had a nice amount and I dreaded getting home to try out my Father's Day present.
    I was greatly surprised. This little item works just as advertised. Two even and perfect fillets every time. We have used this on small sizes up to ten inch Crappi with perfect fillets every time. It's also very durable, compact and easy to clean. The only draw back is that I can't fillet Perch. I now own three of these machines. I dropped and broke the hinge on my first one and bought the others because they were always running out at the store where I bought my first one. We have fillet near a thousand pan fish on the first one and the knife is just as sharp as the day I bought it.
    This is not a gimick or a toy. It makes a big job easy and quick."

Review 6 for Panhandler® Fish Filleter
    Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
    Fish Filleter, March 3, 2009
    By Bingel from Deltaville, VA.
    "I use to hate trying to fillet a fish but this little baby makes it easy as 1 2 3 I just wish it could handle a few of the larger fish. I am not going to complain though cause this has saved me hours od work after a good day of fishing"

4. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
  5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I'm from Mo. Someone buy one make a vid and "Show Me'. lol