Palmdale Aqueduct

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by plumbertom1, Mar 24, 2007.

1. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    IMG_1279.JPG Past three days I been heading out to Palmdale to give the aqueduct a go for stripers. aside from the wind and rain the weather has been good there:tounge_out:.
    All the shoreline is accessable as long as you don't mind walking:crazy:. IMG_1280.JPG
    There is rummored to be big stripers in the duct but despite my best effort I couldn't prove it.
    I'm gonna have to do some sit down fishing for a few too rest up before I go back there.
    I'm told that Rat-L-Trap shad patern are the hot lure. IMG_1281.JPG

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use to fish the aquaduct frequently when I lived out there. Also Castaic Lake and quail lake. Do you know any of the folks out there? I have very dear friends out there. He is a fisherman,but alas I never got to go with him due to the fact my girls were just babies back then.Now they are teenagers. My friends last name is Simpson and they live in LanCaster. Just wondered if ya ever heard any folks by that name! Thanks for the memories, Quail and Pyramid are full of Stripers or they were when I lived out there! Thanks for the memories!:big_smile:

3. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I actually live over the hill from the aqueduct so I don't know any one that lives over in that area besides my niece in Palmdale.
    I haven't managed to catch any fish from Quail Lake but pyramid has in the past produced some nice stripers for me. Lately I have just been catching schoolies there.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So please Staff I apologize very much if it is. PlumberTom Sir, My friends name is Harrell and Jean Simpson. They are colored folks but two of the sweetest people you'd ever want to meet. He absolutely loves to fish,or he did when we lived out there. Maybe you might give him a call and see if he'd enjoy a trip with ya. He has the gift of gab and seriously not just because I think so much of him but truly he is a very friendly and honest gentleman. Just a suggestion,of course you do as you think is best! If you do,tell him Pat Powell sent you he will know right away who you are talking about.I now live in Missouri.He knows and was quite chummy with my husband also.:big_smile: