Painted the inside of the blunt

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I figured that since I don't have a cover for my boat, and it's old fiberglass, that I needed to protect it from UV rays as much as possible. I went with a very light gray epoxy paint, and used the brown, black and white mixed sprinkles on top of it. I may go back with the recommended clear over the top of it. I haven't decided yet. Anyhow, it looks better than it did, and should be sealed and protected for a while. Can't post pics yet because since my computer crashed, I can't seem to transfer pics to the web sites, or e-mail them. I hope to get that worked out real soon. I'm hoping to get a crew up to go back to Packs this weekend and fish the flats. I'm waiting on return calls now.

Bill in SC

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Lemme see if this pic works... Well, it loaded, but I had to jump thrugh all kinda hoops to get it to do so. :sad2:

BB in SC

Attached Files:

3. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Nice job!!!!!

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks, Ronnie! Actually I was just going to do a test spot to see how well it covered. I was using an old 2 inch brush, because I didn't want to put my 3 inch Purdy angle brush into the epoxy and ruin it. It got to feeling good to me, and I ended up painting the entire interior with the 2 inch brush!! :crazy::eek:oooh::crazy: It only took about an hour and a half. :smile2: I think I WILL go ahead and seal the deal with the recommended clear, but I will ROLL it on!!! :wink::smile2::wink:

BB

5. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Good job Bill.
    PEEDEE CAT

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks, Greg!

BB

7. larry d. grady

larry d. grady New Member

State:
    north caro
    great job bill,finish it off,with a clear coat of catfish slime,and i think you will be good to go

8. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Looks like a Carolina Skiff on the inside now.Good Job!

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Looks like a Carolina Skiff on the inside now>

:smile2:

Bill in SC

10. Neal F.

Neal F. New Member

State:
    Gwd SC
    Bill, What kind of boat is that and what length.

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Neal it's a 20 foot Ski Barge, with a 7'4" beam, made by Dilks in Arkansas back in the '80s. I can lie down in it sideways at the narrowest point and my feet nor head touches the sides. :smile2: I am going to build a full enclosure on it within a few days. I am framing it up out of aluminum.

BB in SC

12. Neal F.

Neal F. New Member

State:
    Gwd SC
    It is what I am wanting,I like my 18' jon but would like to find one like that for lake fishing. New carolina skiffs are to pricey. Dont really like pontoons (sit too high out of the water for me)Let me see a pic of it when you get the top on it.

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sure will, Neal. It IS a mighty comfortable boat! The 200 Merc pushes it 45 mph, but I rarely open it up due to fuel consumption. It's rated for a 115! :wink:

BB in SC

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <New carolina skiffs are to pricey. >

BTW Neal, with all the excellent used boats out there, there is no reason in the world for a man to have to buy new. With the economy such as it is, cash is king and a man can get a fine boat for HALF or less of it's value. You just have to be diligent in your search. I stole the last two boats I bought, found on craigslist. I bought my Carolina Skiff for 2K and this latest barge for 3K. When I was looking for this most recent boat, I think bigbird found me a 19 foot Carolina Skiff for $3800 or therabouts. The search is half the fun!!

BB in SC

15. CRAPPIEMAN

CRAPPIEMAN New Member

State:
    GASTONIA N
    Bill the boat looks good nice job.

16. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Bill, you got to much free time on your hands!! I think all that blunt needs is some slime time!!:wink: Have fun at Packs this weekend, we gonna miss ya at the get together.

17. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <we gonna miss ya at the get together.>

Man, I am really sorry that I can't make the gathering, but financial constraints beyond my control dictate my situation. :sad2: Certainly, give everyone my regards.

BB

18. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....Painted the inside of the blunt...."

Ok, I only read this because you said blunt.....LOL!!! :smile2::tounge_out::wink::eek:oooh: