paint creek

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by just/cats, May 29, 2008.

1. just/cats

just/cats New Member

State:
    ohio
    WOW anyone ever try paint creek....you should!!!!
    this lake dos not have a lot of speed boats and it is big..much nicer then most of the lakes in the area...i was there bass fishing a time or two...and saw some nice spots to cat fish...

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yeah,there are a lot of nice fish in paint,channels and flats,but most spots are only accesible by boat,which leaves me out,so i don't fish it too much.

3. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fished the spillway on memorial day weekend for 4 days and didn't get a tap besides turtles. A little mad to say the least.

shenbitt

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I grew up fairly close to paint creek, but never fished the lake much. I have spent countless hours bank fishing it though, between the lake and chillicothe. there are some good fish in there

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I used to fish paint creek alot, the creek around chillicothe..I have not fished it in years because the liners cleaned out most of the fish from my holes and sold them to paylakes.

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    up around the swimming area,back in that big cove,there are some nice spots in there for flats.along that bank across from the swimming area is good also,there are some logs over there,and also deep water with some smaller,shallower coves that they can come up and feed in.my dad worked with a guy that a 30 pounder under the 753 bridge.