Paint Creek Lake Help!!!!

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by brother hilljack, Jun 25, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am in some desperate need of information. Here is the situation. I have relatives coming to Ohio to visit. They want to take their kids fishing. Paint Creek Lake is the most convienent to my parents home.

Could somebody please provide 2 or 3 good locations that they could be successful at. I would like this to be an enjoyable experience and I don't know anything about the lake. Any and all help would be appreciated.

DON'T WORRY, these people will only be in the area for 3 or 4 days. If it is a "secret spot" feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    south side of the bridge on 753.there is a lot of places by the lake to fish at.on the other side of the boat ramp there,there is a fishing spot they made with wooden rails and christmas trees out in the water around it also.there is places around the beach to fish too.there is a sandy point that i like to fish when i go there by the swimming area.

3. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Richard,

Thanks for the help, I will send them in that direction. Do you know of any boat fishing holes??

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i have caught some nice fish at the mouth of paint creek coming into the lake.but that was at fall,shouldn't be a bad place in the summer,though.
    i would try the cove back by the swimming area,i have caught some channels back in there.i would also check out the creek channel,there should be some good holes in it also,i would say in the upper lake area,but before the 753 bridge.

5. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for all the valuable tips. I will defineatly have them look in these areas. I suspect that the areas around the original channel will be productive.

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i would say the rock walls on the north side of the lake would be good too and also over toward the main dam face,not sure how close you can get to it,but i know there is deeper water,i am sure that would be a good bet also.