PAINT CREEK LAKE FISHING REPORT 03 SEP

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by brother hilljack, Sep 3, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Finally hit the water today. Paint Creek lake was the destination of choice!

Water temp 80-82 degrees
    NO CURRENT!!
    Fished from 0900-1330
    Outside temp 90+

Well I put my faith in the Skipjack that was in the freezer, but it is going bad and was very hard to keep on the hook. I caught a few fresh shad in my net and was finally able to catch 1, 2 pound channel cat while drifting in just 5 feet of water!!! I spent the entire morning drifting the old creek channel trying to fish depth and structure and couldn't get a bite. So.................we moved to an area that provided some relief from the sun and finally got 2 good runs prior to catching my 1 fish.

Water was very quiet today with just 2 other boats sited!!

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    take some fresh shad and head out by the primary dam.there is some nice deep water that ought to get ya into some bigger channels

3. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sometimes it works out like that. Thanks for sharing anyway. I havnt got a cat in 2 1/2 weeks. Im going back out tonight though......olj

4. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Dearest Brother you are supposed to brag on me and tell that I went out that night and caught twenty. At least that way they will have the mistaken impression that I'm smarter than you:smile2::smile2:

5. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Thanks for sharing ,better luck next time