Paint Creek Fishing Report

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by joeceeeee, Jul 24, 2008.

1. joeceeeee

joeceeeee New Member

State:
    ohio
    My father and I have been hitting the creek pretty hard. We have been taking a slew of channels out of the pools located just below the spillway. We are going to the lake for some early morning catfishishing in the in the morning. We caught several decent sized ones Mon. morning then they shut off. I had a friend call me and he said they caught a 22 lbs. Bluecat just off of the rapid forge side dock and they also caught some small (2-7 lbs.) channels on CUT BAIT (Shad, gold fish, and creek chubs) I will try to keep the fishing report updated daily. I try to tell it like it is and just remember."if fishing were easy, they would call it catching." Update to follow Tomm. night.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some real nice fishing, thanks for the update and the report. Good luck to you guys also. That cut bait will work real nice there below the spillway.

3. joeceeeee

joeceeeee New Member

State:
    ohio
    yepper........... we use it with a cork and let it drift........ you have to fish the east side of the spillway and of course fight off all the snags. where ya from hillbilly?

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Grew up (family still there) over on route 28 about half way between chillicothe/greenfield. I always enjoyed the spillway, all though I never really caught any big fish there.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    congrats on the fish

6. joeceeeee

joeceeeee New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well, we just got in from fishing this morning. Hooked 4 decent channels on cut-bait, had one really nice run on a dead goldfish and he snapped my 12 lbs. test like it wasn't there.......... I may have jerked a little hard on it........lol....... we also caught some real nice crappie on nightcrawlers ( of all things to catch them on). well I will talk to you all later. good luck to all who go out fishing this week.:cool2:

7. joeceeeee

joeceeeee New Member

State:
    ohio
    started of with a nice rain shower and then the humidity cranked back up. We caught 6 channel cat (4-5 lbs.)and 1 Shovelhead (4 lbs.) had several runs on cut-bait and then we got a hook in what we thought was a nice one........low and behold it was a 20 lbs. leatherback turtle who looked as though he had his fill of our cut-bait buffet. the fish seemed to bite around 10 or so and shut off around 11. we had most of our luck on night crawlers set at about 8' ........talk to you all later..........joe

p.s. all fish were returned and all lived.........:roll_eyes:

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    thanks for the report rick

9. joeceeeee

joeceeeee New Member

State:
    ohio
    glad to help.......

10. joeceeeee

joeceeeee New Member

State:
    ohio
    Couldn't find anyone to go last night so i loaded up and went to the mouth of paint creek just west of the rapid forge ramp and what a night i had.......... i caught 22 chanels ranging from 5-8 lbs. 2- flatheads one was 11 lbs the other was 7 lbs. i kept a few of the smaller channels to eat on this evening but I returned all of the others to be caught another day. well my next fishing trip is scheduled for sat. morning...... happy fishing to all......... peace out:big_smile: