Paint a Fishing Rod?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DANZIG, Apr 6, 2007.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Has anyone any advise for painting a rod?

An old Buddy of mine has insisted that he take me to the mountains for some fly fishing (creeks and minnows, I gave that up when I turned ten.LOL!) and not wanting to borrow tackle, (and not likely to ever use it again) I picked up a cheap fly pole. It was cheap, but it is bright yellow. That will not work for me, or probably the small water trout either.

I was thinking of "spray bombing" it flat black. Any hints?

2. LITTLE FISH

LITTLE FISH New Member

State:
    New Paris, Ohio
    no not really just do wat you got to do ok

3. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    actually I had the opposite problem hahaha. my pole is solid black (yes I only have one set up but im working on more) and was very hard to see at night. a buddy of mine said he read in a catfish book to spray paint you rod tip flourescent yellow,orange and white. I did just that. also have a battery powered blacklight to shine towards them and it makes it glow. I dont even have to watch my pole because I can tell a strike out of the corner of my eye. does anyone think this will spook the catfish?

if your gonna spray paint yours black all I can suggest is to tape the guides real well.

4. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

State:
    Va

i have 2 big white rod for bigger fish, big i was thinking like you did, for my channels cats and smaller rods, i also thought about flourescent tape strips, any one tried that?

5. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I'm still a fan of my old Coleman gas lantern. I use the "stick trick" day or night.

Cut ya a small 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick 4 to 6 inch long Maple stick, skin the bark off, on the thick end cut a small slit towards the thick end bought an inch down from what will be the top and slide your line into that 4 to 12 inches from your rod tip.

On a green stick, the wood will be bright white under the bark, shows up good with Coleman light.
    A good hit, or hook set will make the stick fly off the line and out of your way.