Paducah

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by SURFPREP, Nov 11, 2009.

1. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    Going to be in Paducah next week. Any good spots to bank fish the Ohio for cats?

2. oldheavyd

oldheavyd New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If you can find any spots off the bank near all the barge companies down that way you should do alright. I used to spend a lot of time there when I was younger and working out of paducah and we used to catch a lot of nice fish in that area from the banks

3. festus

festus New Member

Since I've only passed through Paducah a few times and never really spent much time there, I can't really give you an answer. But does anyone know if TVA lets you fish Shawnee Steam Plant from the bank? It's on the Ohio River at Paducah. It might be a good place to start or ask about.

4. Camo Fish

Camo Fish New Member

State:
    United States
    Below Barkley Dam on the Cumberland River is a good place to bank fish especially this time of yr and is not too far from Paducah. There are also plentiful Striper's and the Sauger are moving up. If they have opened the area back up due to construction, above the Kentucky dam right down the same road at the intake's is a good spot for number's of cat's. Best Wishes for Big Fishes!