Paducah area

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by metalman, Dec 10, 2008.

1. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I need some information,
    We are looking at the Paducah area as a possible place to move to. It seems like there is plenty going on there with the Ohio, Tennessee and Cumberland rivers, Lakes Kentucky and Barkley and the Mississippi not too far away.

We don't want a posh neighborhood, we would like maybe an acre or two; enough room for a pole barn. Could you guys give me some pointers on where to start looking, the names of places around Paducah that we could check out.

I don't want to contact realtors yet as they will never quit pestering us.
    Any info appreciated. Thanks...W

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't know too much about the area myself, but I have driven thru it and it seemed very nice. I would say that it is a catfishermans dream come true, sure is a good deal of water around there

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    paducah!! i figured you would move come to henderson and move in with eric when you retired winston:wink: how soon are you planning on moving?

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Northern Graves and southern McCracken Counties would be good places to start looking. PM me your address and Tammy said she can put together some information to send to ya'll.

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Might try looking around Eddyville ,Princeton, Or Possum Trot :wink: My wife grew up in Possum Trot :crazy::big_smile: . My in laws live close to Eddyville . Lots of good fishing all over the area. about 45 min. to Paducah .

6. cubacroc

cubacroc Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    The information available at this link may help you avoid one area West of Paducah.

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/HAC/PHA/paducah2/pgd_p1.html

I still visit and clean our family cemeteries located in the KOW but I limit the time in those areas.

You might try the Reidland or Lone Oak areas.

Good luck with your search.

7. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    Winston, email me your address and I will send you a Paducah/McCracken "catalog of homes" along with some others if I can find them. They are free at area businesses. I live 15 minutes west of Paducah in Ballard county and love it. If you leave Paducah in any direction you will be in a semi rural - rural setting...........but not too rural. Alot of small towns dot the area and most all are very nice places. If you stay within 15-20 minutes of Paducah you can't go wrong. Let me know if or when you will be in the area and I will be glad to show you around.