Padre Island

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BIGCATFISHDAN, Nov 18, 2008.

1. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    JUST WOKE UP SAT AND SAID TO MY WIFE WE SHOULD GO TO THE COAST SOMTIME AND SHE SAID LETS GO NOW, I SAID OK. WE JUMPED IN THE 92 CROWN VIC AND WENT TO PADRE ISLAND, STAYED UP ALL NIGHT AND FISHED RIGHT NEXT TO BOBPAUL PEIR CAUGHT 4 SPECS AN 3 HARDHEADS WITHIN AN HOUR, AT ABOUT 3 AM MY POLE SHOT OUT OF THE SAND AND INTO THE WATER, I RAN AND CAUGHT IT ABOUT 20 FT FROM THE SHORE. REELED IT IN AND HAD A STINGRAY THE SIZE OF A SMALL SADDLE BLANKET,I T PROBLY TOOK ME ALMOST 45MIN TO REEL IT IN. IT WAS A BLAST THEN ABOUT 7AM I CAUGHT LOTS OF SMALL REDS AND ANOTHER HARDHEAD THEN BY 10 WEE HIT THE RAD BACK TO AUSTIN

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Sounds like an awesome trip. Lucky you,you get your wife to go fishing with you.

3. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Congrats on the trip! Some times them spur of the moment trips are very memorable! I just wish we would do those more often. no plans no worries and no hurries. Glad to hear ya'll had a blast.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on your trip, sounds like a lot of fun

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Yum, yum! Talk about some good eating. Those stingray wings taste just like scallops.

6. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    sounds like ya had some fun lol, gratz