Paddlefish snagging time is almost upon us

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Welder, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck obey the regs and keep them hooks sharp!

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Only been snagging once about 14 years ago. Didnt catch anything but had a great time anyway.

Tom

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Ya got that right. Welcome to the BOC Troy.

4. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    when is snaggin season fellow boc? im new to snaggin wanna see if i have time to get my boat rewired b4 snaggin season or not plz let me know thanks:cool2::cool2::confused2:

5. leftemptyhanded

leftemptyhanded New Member

State:
    St.Joseph,Missouri
    i think its in mid march not 100 percent sure though

6. ccso639

ccso639 New Member

State:
    Cass Couty, MO
    March 15 - April 30.

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'm ready! Paddlefish has been on my mind a lot lately. Where's everybody planning on snagging this year? I will be on the James River arm of Tablerock at 12 am on opening night ready to start rippin. :smile2:

8. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey " Troy, welcome to the BOC , Nice Blue cat in your photo. I got a memo last week from Ok. dept. of Wildlife , the Spoonbill are starting to move up in the rivers. You doin't have to wait till March in all States. The Mo. fall snagging just ended Jan. 15 ( I think? ) Any of you Mo. Snaggers ever try to get any thing in the fall season? Troy,glad to see another cat chaser from Missouri.

9. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    i
    The only fall snagging season for paddlefish is on the Mississippi. I've yet to try it myself though because I'm always bow hunting during that time.

10. pitbull33

pitbull33 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Need a few snaggin buddies get ahold of the Bill collectors and we will show ya some holes. 816-539-0456. Osceola is our spot

11. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    horse-shoe bend or warsaw is our spot. can't wait to get out there.

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I'm Ready....... :0a23:

Attached Files:

13. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm not much for eating spoonbill, and I don't really care to snag for long periods of time. If I haven't snagged one in an hour then I'm ready to quit. When I snag this year I will have someone lined up to give them too. I'd much rather eat catfish or crappie.

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Have never been snagging buts sounds interesting and a lot of WORK.

I see we have a couple of fairly new MO. members on board. Would like to take this opportunity to say WELCOME to Troy,Jack and Eric. Always glad to see more folks from Mo.joining us on the BOC/SOC

15. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Holy cow! I thought we had a mess of paddlefish with 8 lol. I don't think we could fit anymore people safely in one boat so I don't see us getting a picture of many more than 8.

Was that from the 2008 snagging season?

16. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    WOW TROY! I've just started snagging last year and I did get my first one and I have never seen a string of fish like THAT. I don't know but you and Scottie are THE MEN. I guess I need alot more practice:tounge_out:

17. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    There was 7 of us in two boats. I had my brother and my two nephews along with a few other friends from up north in there boat. It rained all day on us but we boated 24 spoonies between us that day. Kept 14 of them, the boys were busy cleaning fish that day. :wink:

18. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Awesome! We slaughtered them the last two weekend in April last year on Tablerock. They were holed up way up river and it was like picking fish from a barrel. Here's a pic of the ones we kept the second to last weekend of 08 snagging season.

Attached Files:

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Tabelrock is really producing the bills looks like Seth, I have never fished it but like to get down there some time. Hopefully the Osage here doesnt flood again this year. I would much rather fish the upper Osage on Truman as opposed to below the dam.
    Only a lil over a month to go now........:006:
    Spring will be here before we know it.

20. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Wow, I hope I have that kind of luck this year, planning a trip to Warsaw this season with a few friends. It's my first at this snagging. Might neeed some pointer there.