Paddlefish run?

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by StuBone278, Mar 15, 2009.

1. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Hey does anyone know about the paddefish starting to run on the Red River? I want to try to get up there sometime, just not too sure if they're ready yet. I know when I last went the river was running quite strong, may not be there yet. Thanks.

2. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    OK yall I went snagging friday afternoon at lock/dam #4, didn't stay long but snagged a real nice 22-25 pound blue catfish on my 3rd or 4th cast! Talked to a few people and they said the paddlefish weren't in very strong numbers yet, and I could see the river wasn't nearly running as high as it was last year. Guess I'll have to go sometime later when I get the chance. I'll post a picture of the blue as soon as I can get it on here.

3. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Well here's the update. Gave the fish away. He broke off at the bank and started swimming away, so I had to grab it by the tail and keep it from going, then reach into the water and grab it by the mouth! Fun experience!

Attached Files:

4. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Nice...you are going to have to come to B.R and fish with Denny and I sometime.

5. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I've been living in Baton Rouge, haha! :smile2: About to move back, though, school ends in 2 weeks.:roll_eyes:

6. cwell14

cwell14 New Member

State:
    LA
    Stu,

When are we going snag? I'm ready.

7. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Hahaha the hell you say, Cody! When we go to Pacher's camp I say we make a run to 3 river's and give it a shot.

And welcome to the BOC!

8. cwell14

cwell14 New Member

State:
    LA
    Stu,

I'm ready to snag one! Let's go. Soon as finals are over...I say this weekend can be my "hell weekend."

9. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Haha I hope you didn't forget this Sunday is mother's day, or I would be all for it! When we go to pacher's camp that's when we need to try. They'll be there, at least catfish will.

10. BAYOU-FLATHEAD

BAYOU-FLATHEAD New Member

State:
    AR