Pack's Fishing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by maddkatz22, May 18, 2008.

1. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I put in at Pack's on Friday and fished the river due to the winds being so high. We had fresh shad and i had some blue backs. We started at the trussall and move up river fishing the willows and the deep side. We fished for seven hours and not one fish was caught, not even a bite. The gar were not even bitting. I have never been skunked there. That always been a sure thing for some good channels and small blues. We got back to the landing and talked with 7 boats and between all there were 2 fish caught that day. A shellcracker and 4# blue. any idea as to what was going on that day? Maybe change in the weather or something else.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I reckon that is why they call it fishing.J/K THe full moon is on monday and maybe those fish have moved to the cypress falts at the blowout to spawn this week. I dont really know just quessing.

3. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I fished a couple of hours on the Santee River out of Low Falls (Monday), 601 (Tuesday), Stumphole (Wednesday), and back at Low Falls (Thursday). I caught a couple of fish but nohing to brag about. The bite was definately slower than it had been over the last few weeks. I talked to some other folks and all said the same thing. Even the Shell Crackers had laid off. I just racked it up to the cool front. That wind Thursday evening sent me to the house early.

Sometimes when you know you will be out, let me know and we'll try to bump into each other. We're planning on camping futher up on the Congaree out of the 601 landing all this weekend so I know I'll be back on the water a couple of evenings this week just trying to get a grip on how we need to get on some fish this weekend. Maybe the action will pick back up. There seems to be a ton of big shad in the Low Falls / Pack's area of the river right now.

4. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    I fished the flats down from low falls saturday.The river was not muddy but most places in the flats was very muddy,some spots was worse than others.I have not saw it muddy like that that I can remember.Do you reckon the fish was spawning???Any ideas on why it was muddy?Just courious.....sam